PDA

View Full Version : NO ELECTRICS

salty
28-01-2007, 05:08 PM
:zx11: CAN ANYONE HELP I HAVE JUST GONE OUT TO CAR (1997 1.9TDI)IT STARTED MOVED 10 YARDS THEN STOPPED NO ELECTRICS BATTERY FULLY CHARGED,POWER AT STARTER WHEN TESTED NO DASH LIGHTS NO SIDE OR HEADLIGHTS IS THERE A CUT OUT SWITCH OR MAIN FUSE THAT I CANNOT FIND PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN I HAVE TO USE THE CAR DAILY
THANKYOU SALTY:1zhelp:

A6 Le Mans
29-01-2007, 01:50 AM
Maybe the imobiliser has cut in and killed the cars electrics......can't think what else it could be to kill the car completely like you describe, especially as the battery has power.

If it is a new battery, have the terminals been correctlt attached?

Good Luck

salty
29-01-2007, 12:21 PM
Maybe the imobiliser has cut in and killed the cars electrics......can't think what else it could be to kill the car completely like you describe, especially as the battery has power.

If it is a new battery, have the terminals been correctlt attached?

Good Luck
THANKS A6 Le Mans but how do you reset the imobiliser battery has not been changed and is connected correctly have had test light dehind dash and any points i can find but only have power at alternator and radio
salty

salty
29-01-2007, 03:10 PM
THANKS A6 Le Mans but how do you reset the imobiliser battery has not been changed and is connected correctly have had test light dehind dash and any points i can find but only have power at alternator and radio
salty
:Blush2: OH HAPPY DAYS IT TOOK A WHOLE DAY WITH A TEST LAMP AND THE WIFE NAGGING TO FIND PROBLEM ALL IT WAS WAS A LOOSE NUT ON THE RELAY BUZZ BAR UNDER THE DASH ON THE DRIVERS SIDE
AGAIN HAPPY DAYS SALTY

A6 Le Mans
29-01-2007, 08:40 PM
:Blush2: OH HAPPY DAYS IT TOOK A WHOLE DAY WITH A TEST LAMP AND THE WIFE NAGGING TO FIND PROBLEM ALL IT WAS WAS A LOOSE NUT ON THE RELAY BUZZ BAR UNDER THE DASH ON THE DRIVERS SIDE
AGAIN HAPPY DAYS SALTY

Good news!

Thats a stroke of good luck to find that. A main dealer would have had a field day with your bill trying to fault find a problem like that.

Congratulations, I wonder if this happens to other cars as well......worth remembering

A6 Le Mans