PDA

View Full Version : new member

ukvwsharan1998
28-01-2007, 01:56 PM
hi all just a quick hello to you all my name is louis ukvwsharan1998
i live in manchester england originally from cambridge
i drive a 98 registered 97 sharan GL 1900tdi !Z motr with the evry mod for fueling but standard apart from that.
My main interests atm are tdi tuning trying to improve bhp/.torque figures on my mostly standard vw/audi lump

im also a member of mainly www.tdiclub.com (http://www.tdiclub.com) for the chat client for trouble shooting but not as much as i will here as the other site is US and being uk this looks to be the ideal home ive been searching for

ATM im trying to source some new injector nozzles if anyone knows a good cheap source please reply to this post or PM me here or email me at l.burland@ntlworld.com.
im looking for either .205 or .216 micron nozzles for a 1z i understand the ahf standard (.205) nozzles will fit my injector bodies perfectly so if anyone can help please let me know

cheers all and a big hello
louis

adamss24
28-01-2007, 03:02 PM
Welcome ! Did you contacted KermaTDI on www.tdiclub.com for uprated nozzles ? If your engine is not PD, the T4 bus(van) nozzles are the biggest that will fit your nozzles...or the old shape audi a6 with the 5cylinders inline engine with the 140 Bhp(engine code AEL) injectors will fit as well ! Hope this helps !

Marc97
28-01-2007, 03:14 PM
Welcome to the forum. You are on the same pursuit of power as me (1z engine) except you seem to be more motivated :)
Excellent advice as usual Adam, missed your input recently.

ukvwsharan1998
28-01-2007, 03:45 PM
have any of you heard of the EVRY mod for the injector fuel pump?

its not a perminent fix but its a nice way to gain about 10+bhp on a completely standard setup

just wondering? i can always info if anyone needs the details...whats more it only costs a total of 95 pence and a visit to maplins:)

BTW thankyou for the advise adam i didnt know about the t4 etc ill research it asap:)
cheers all.

adamss24
28-01-2007, 07:16 PM
Cheers Malc, yeah they will fit ok, but will be quite smokey without the right ECU, but a remap will sort that out without problems but it may need an uprated turbocharger to keep up with the ammount of fuel injected on each stroke ! If you do change the nozzles, i suggest you adjust the fuel IQ to minimise the smoke. Increase slightly if driveability problems occur(remember higer value means lower IQ ) ! Hope this helps.

Huweth
28-01-2007, 07:22 PM
have any of you heard of the EVRY mod for the injector fuel pump?

Yeah, but don't bother. All it does is fool the ECU into thinking that the fuel is colder than it actually is. This puts more fuel into the engine, making more smoke and possibly engine damage.
I looked into doing this to my car, but chose not to due to the crudness of it. I'd rather save a few hundred for a proper remap, than find myself with a ££££'s bill for a new engine!

ukvwsharan1998
28-01-2007, 08:29 PM
its not that bad if you stay above 800ohm no smoke!
the cut off point is a nice round figure (not ) of 754ohm quatervolt i to play on the safe side of things am using a 910ohm .06 volt rated resister and have done so for nearly 8000miles and the only side effect is a slight drop in consumption when i hammer it also the rev range is increased by 500 however i would not advise using the additional500rpm in top gear for long periods of time.

something worth mentioning though is my car has only covered 82000miles now on a p reg also being a 1z is not so prone to smoking as say a 130 pd lump i know my dads 03 passat 130pd was a smoker from build not a lot but a lot more than older vws
just the nature of the engine i would imagine,also the 1zs are restricted at build with only .186 micron injector nozzles fitted or the usa version /auto version some .164 i believe for emmisions

i know that a 1z will run upto 216 happily however 205 is the norm unless intending to carry out some major work.with a (uprated)turbo the k04turbo the .216s are advised but with the stock kkk or garrett gt15 .205 would be a better match.