PDA

View Full Version : Question Front Parking Sensor dealer Retro Fit?

Andy27902
31-08-2008, 10:02 PM
I have been offered a good deal on SE 143 Avant that is unregistered in Audi UK stock. It meets my intended spec except it lacks the parking plus pack. As parking sensors were pretty much a deal breaker for me (at least on the rear) the dealer has offered to “Retro Fit “ sensors both front and rear at no cost. He assures me that these are genuine Audi dealer options. (But just an audible alert without the MMI integration.) I have seen a number of posts and picture of the rear retro fit but I have not seen anything about an official kit for the front as well. Consequently I am afraid that the front sensors will either look poor or worse be a bodge of some kind. Has anyone seen any info on retro fitting front parking sensors? Or would I be safer in just having rears?

Plife
31-08-2008, 10:19 PM
Not seen any retro fit front sensors. Did see some rears and they were not flush with the bumper like the factory fit. Obviously not as good but i could live with it.

Red 2
01-09-2008, 06:33 PM
Can't comment on the availability or otherwise but I would say I have found front sensors invaluable in tight spaces.