PDA

View Full Version : Essential Options/Sanity check before order

cressers
31-08-2008, 01:40 PM
Hey

New to the forum, I live in Finland and the spec will be different on models, and S trim is WAY too much here, so please dont mention that :(

Engine will be 2.0TFSI (180bhp) 6sp manual in Basic Black

I would like a santiy check on options.
Chosen so far.

17" 7 Spoke wheels
Parking sensors F&R
sports suspension(20mm)
folding mirrors
sports seats
Chrome exterior trim strip (black exterior) around windows

3 spoke multifunction sports wheel
side blinds
Audi Audio
Black roof lining
Ipod interface
servotronic
Light pack

Standard inc
Xenon
Cruise
Computer
hold assist
heated seats
color main screen
upgraded stereo

Is there something that is a waste of money?? Or something I am missing?

One thing is my gf is much shorter than me, so driver memory seems tempting, but its 2k more for the electric seats and I am not sure we swap that much :)

Cheers

Cressers

STEWY L
31-08-2008, 01:47 PM
Hey

one thing is my gf is much shorter than me, so driver memory seems tempting, but its 2k more for the electric seats and I am not sure we swap that much :)

Cheers

Cressers
personally i think the black roof linning will be too dark,but that's all a matter of tastes.
FYI, my gf dosn't like swapping much either!!!!:D
take care,
stewy.

Plife
31-08-2008, 02:08 PM
I would definitely go for bigger wheels. 17 are just too small in my opinion. Nothing else I can see missing.

cressers
31-08-2008, 02:13 PM
The problem with the wheels is the roads here. Becasue we have winter tires, with studded spikes, the motorways get chewed up. So road noise is high. and I only get to have them on the car for 6months a year....

I have 17s on my A3 now, and its pretty loud.

I love the 18s but the road noise and the 800GBP more cost than the 17s is putting me off.

I looked at the lowered 20mm on 17s and it looked OK. Not as good as the 18s, but definately better than the 16s.

STEWY L
31-08-2008, 02:39 PM
The problem with the wheels is the roads here. Becasue we have winter tires, with studded spikes, the motorways get chewed up. So road noise is high. and I only get to have them on the car for 6months a year....

I love the 18s but the road noise and the 800GBP more cost than the 17s is putting me off.

I looked at the lowered 20mm on 17s and it looked OK. Not as good as the 18s, but definately better than the 16s.
you are so,so, right there cressers,(couldn't spell absoloutley)!!!!
we have an awful lot to learn about cars/driving.
somehow,and i can't understand why,our country grinds to a complete halt
with a sprinkling of snow.
regards,
stewy.

cressers
31-08-2008, 02:58 PM
I used to have fun watching the drivers in Dallas, TX when it snowed.... 500bhp rear wheel drive trucks are not invincible!!

Plife
31-08-2008, 02:59 PM

Ok see your reasoning :Blush: Didn't realise they did 16s! They must look so small!

cressers
31-08-2008, 03:02 PM
Ok see your reasoning :Blush: Didn't realise they did 16s! They must look so small!

No worries, you should try speccing a car when you dont speak the langauge!! Not many online language converters know the audi technical terms.

Red 2
31-08-2008, 03:39 PM

16's are standard in a few countries. Had a drive in a 16 shod A4 SE equivalent in France and the ride comfort was exceptional!

Moral is, if you want the most comfortable ride, go small. If you want looks, go big and buy a cushion!:biglaugh: