PDA

View Full Version : New 58 plate B8 pic's

hoju99
31-08-2008, 09:30 AM
As a few of us pick up next week I will start tomorrow with pics of my B8 in this thread.
:D

Plife
31-08-2008, 11:30 AM
As a few of us pick up next week I will start tomorrow with pics of my B8 in this thread.
:D
Ah and I was expecting pics! I figured you had somehow got your car early!!!

mkc
31-08-2008, 02:18 PM
hahahah me too. Mine will be here at 8am.

StephA4
31-08-2008, 06:20 PM
Get those cameras working overtime tomorrow guys!!!!!:biglaugh:

drmartin
31-08-2008, 08:12 PM
Enjoy your day... looking forward to the pics..

kw13
31-08-2008, 08:27 PM
Would Be Nice To See Pics Of A4 Avant S Line In Aruba Blue If Any Of You Lucky People Are Collecting One This Week. Mines Is Not Due For Another 5 Weeks.

mkc
01-09-2008, 11:52 AM
Well, my Aruba Blue S Line has arrived. WOW WOW WOW

Ill take some pictures onces I can stop grinning and all the neighbours are out cause I feel like a wally taking photos.

Turned up as planned at around 8am this morning, been to fill up with petrol and just a general go around a few roads.

Drove past the Audi dealer this AM and its full of people looking happy!

Funny mark on the left wing but I think its just were they have had that white sticky protection on it and some fluff has attached itself. Thought I had lots of scratches over the S Line seal plates but on close inspection they still have the clear covers on.

Delivered with 5 miles on it, now has 12....... Lots of buttons to understand but best done on the drive as Im gonna crash into something on the road messing around with them. Electric brake is great on a hill, just go to pull away on it comes off although I can see why the Hill Assist would be worthwhile. Normal stereo sounds fine to my ears with my Ipod attached to the Aux in. Road noise from the tyres is pretty high I feel but nothing to worry about.

Pics to follow.......

WhiteHartMart
01-09-2008, 11:53 AM
Was expecting to have to wait until Wednesday for mine.

You can imagine how I felt when I got the call from the dealer this morning saying I can have it today! :beerchug:

Pic will be posted, but you may have to wait for em :D

Gaffa
01-09-2008, 03:55 PM
Looking forward to the pics:beerchug:

2.7 S-line
01-09-2008, 05:16 PM
just picked mine up !

fantastic to drive feels so nice to get into a car with some real grunt , also nice to not have to change gear 5 times in 300 yards when pulling away (really not going to miss the 2.0 tdi se manual i've been driving ! - little power other than in the middle rpm and close spaced gears proved to be a pain in the backside)

will get the camera out when it stops bloomin raining :(

Plife
01-09-2008, 05:18 PM
just picked mine up - fantastic to drive - will get the camera out when it stops bloomin raining :(
Can you do a pic of the start button please :Blush:

2.7 S-line
01-09-2008, 06:23 PM
Can you do a pic of the start button please :Blush:

ok ! (can do that one whatever the weather !) i'll post one later

hoju99
01-09-2008, 07:09 PM
Bloomin rain !!!

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z118/hoju99/a4.jpg

But loving the car :D

Plife
01-09-2008, 07:18 PM
Shame about the rain......but looks good! Got some good beading with the water on the paint!

2.7 S-line
01-09-2008, 09:13 PM

there you go - the magic button :D

Plife
01-09-2008, 09:25 PM

there you go - the magic button :D
Thanks :biggthump...guess mine might be slightly different as I will not have sat nav

aled_31
02-09-2008, 08:16 AM
Just wondering if all B8's have the start button, I have an Ibis White 2.0 TDI S Line avant on order, waiting for delivery last week in september. Will it have the start button??

Also, any pic's of Ibis white on an s-line would be greatly appreciated - 3 weeks to wait is a long time!!

digigriffin
02-09-2008, 08:38 AM
No they do not all have the start button.

I have a 1.8T SE and I Insert the key fob into dash and push it in while drepressing the clutch to start.
Push it in again to stop.

mkc
02-09-2008, 09:49 AM
The area around the gearstick is a bit sparse if you have been stingy on kit like me. Everything gets shifted down to that area if you have Sat Nav.

Stop/Start button is a bit of an odd one on this car as the key fob starts for you as you push it in (with clutch depressed), still, the more buttons the better eh!

The Piano Black inlays on mine look great. A suprise was the Piano Black around the gear stick area too, I thought this was going to be silver like the bit arounnd the dash but is shiny and black! The dash surround also appears to be a darker grey too, not the shiny silver that I have seen. Together with the black roof and black sticthing, Im very happy with my choice.

2.7 S-line
02-09-2008, 10:21 AM
the advanced key option gives you the start stop button

also means that the keys stay in your pocket for locking and unlocking the car as well as starting (basically the keys never have to leave your pocket)

you just touch a sensor on the door handle to lock the car

the car senses your approach and if the key is within 1.5 meters lets you unlock the car simply by pulling the handle (works on any of the doors and boot)

for me it adds quite a lot to the overall feel of the car - also helps hugely when struggling with shopping and a 2 year old ! no more fumbling for your keys

just walk up and open the door - very cool

having tried it i had to have it - combined with sat nav makes the car interior look 100 times better

the plastics around the gear stick looked awful without it - really cheap and shiney , can't think what made audi use such rubbish materials for such a key area of the interior

also input dial on the dash was really naff looking - like it came off a £50 stereo - the dial for the sat nav is made from different plastic with metal surround looks way classier

having used a car without these options it was a no brainer for me - combined with leather (yes i know this is getting expensive !) makes the interior of the car feel like it belongs on a quality car - for me money well spent as i plan to keep this car for quite a while - once i get the itch for a new day to day car it will migrate to become my wifes daily commuter

corr what a long post - better get out and do some driving ! new car and all that :Blush:

mkc
02-09-2008, 10:47 AM
Was not aware that the start/stop button came with all that too. Couldnt agree more regarding the surround on the stereo area. Its good quality but it does look a bit plasticy compared to the other areas in the car. Buttons could have a bit more weight to them like on a quality home hifi.

garybuk
02-09-2008, 10:54 AM
the advanced key option gives you the start stop button

also means that the keys stay in your pocket for locking and unlocking the car as well as starting (basically the keys never have to leave your pocket)

you just touch a sensor on the door handle to lock the car

the car senses your approach and if the key is within 1.5 meters lets you unlock the car simply by pulling the handle (works on any of the doors and boot)

for me it adds quite a lot to the overall feel of the car - also helps hugely when struggling with shopping and a 2 year old ! no more fumbling for your keys

just walk up and open the door - very cool

having tried it i had to have it - combined with sat nav makes the car interior look 100 times better

the plastics around the gear stick looked awful without it - really cheap and shiney , can't think what made audi use such rubbish materials for such a key area of the interior

also input dial on the dash was really naff looking - like it came off a £50 stereo - the dial for the sat nav is made from different plastic with metal surround looks way classier

having used a car without these options it was a no brainer for me - combined with leather (yes i know this is getting expensive !) makes the interior of the car feel like it belongs on a quality car - for me money well spent as i plan to keep this car for quite a while - once i get the itch for a new day to day car it will migrate to become my wifes daily commuter

corr what a long post - better get out and do some driving ! new car and all that :Blush:

Thanks for calling our cars without it cheap and naff! :zx11:

Also im not sure about the advanced key, what if you was returning to your car at night and someone came at you, because ur close to the car couldn't they just get in?!

2.7 S-line
02-09-2008, 11:19 AM
sorry didn't mean to offend but if you look at the bits i'm talking about i'm sure you'd agree they don't look great .....

didn't mean to diss anyone's new pride and joy but i don't think you can spend the whole time gushing about how wonderful everything is , think the rest of the car has a very high quality feel - just in a few areas audi dropped the ball

regards the function of the advanced key - only the door you are standing next to will unlock - if someone tries to open another door while you are standing next to the car it will not unlock and car will only start if the key is within the car interior

you can programme only one door to unlock when you pull the handle on any door or if you prefer only the door you are standing next to - but either way only the door you are standing next to will do anything and only if you are very close to the door i.e within arms length- others remain locked until you touch the door handle

if you get out with the engine running with the key in your pocket a warning comes up key not in car - all round a very well thought out system

from a security point of view probably a lot safer - no-one can see the key or take it from you without searching your pockets !

garybuk
02-09-2008, 11:28 AM
sorry didn't mean to offend but if you look at the bits i'm talking about i'm sure you'd agree they don't look great .....

can't spend the whole time gushing about how wonderful everything is , think the rest of the car has a very high quality feel - just in a few areas audi dropped the ball

also only the door you are standing next to will unlock - if someone tries to open another door while you are standing next to the car it will not unlock , also car will only start if the key is within the car interior

also if you get out with the engine running with the key in your pocket a warning comes up key not in car - all round a very well thought out system

Yeah i have already seen it and i don't think it's too bad, infact i think with the Nav it looks too cluttered around the gear stick. Also the nav units suck and are way too expensive. I use my Nokia maps, much better imo.

I've driven a LOT of cars, Merc C Class, Saab 93/95, Landrover, BMW, Audi, Vauxhalls Vectra etc. etc and i don't think the plastics are that bad at all.

2.7 S-line
02-09-2008, 11:32 AM
Yeah i have already seen it and i don't think it's too bad, infact i think with the Nav it looks too cluttered around the gear stick. Also the nav units suck and are way too expensive. I use my Nokia maps, much better imo.

I've driven a LOT of cars, Merc C Class, Saab 93/95, Landrover, BMW, Audi, Vauxhalls Vectra etc. etc and i don't think the plastics are that bad at all.

glad your happy :D

WhiteHartMart
02-09-2008, 12:06 PM
I think the biggest problem is that area just looks empty without the Nav.

I haven't got the Nav on mine - just couldn't justify the expense based on the amount I need it and also how well my Navman and or iphone work - but I guess it could do with a couple more buttons around the gearstick!! ;)

Have to say though - I'm totally hooked on the car - yes I know I've only driven about 100 miles in it, but it just feels so solid and drives really well.

Was nice to get an average of 46 mpg on the way to work also, compared to my normal 25 or so in my previous car :D

Dans
02-09-2008, 01:40 PM
Have to say that the fact that 2.7 S-line has his wagon is upsetting me...........I also ordered a 2.7 MT at the beginning of July (3rd), albeit an Avant, but I am being given a delivery date of the end of October!! I only live 50 kms down the road from the factory too! How can they deliver to you before me??!! ;)

bluestar_ale
02-09-2008, 01:41 PM
if you get out with the engine running with the key in your pocket a warning comes up key not in car - all round a very well thought out system

from a security point of view probably a lot safer - no-one can see the key or take it from you without searching your pockets !

I can see in theory the benefits of the advanced key however it would be a lot better if the system could be extended so that the advanced key would unlock my front door at home and the security door at work.......

I'm sure people would find themselves leaving home, locking the front door with their house key's then getting into the car and just shoving the keys in the cup holder / door pockets as there is nowhere else to put them. You then get to work and have to dig you keys out again to gain access to the office.

I know this would not be the case every time you use the car but personally the majority of my journeys start or end at either work or home, i did not think the additional cost justified not having to press a key fob to enter the car, and losing a place to store you keys once you got in the car.

Only my opinion..............enjoy your new car, I’m counting down to the end of the month when my new Avant arrives.

mkc
02-09-2008, 01:47 PM
Have to say that the fact that 2.7 S-line has his wagon is upsetting me...........I also ordered a 2.7 MT at the beginning of July (3rd), albeit an Avant, but I am being given a delivery date of the end of October!! I only live 50 kms down the road from the factory too! How can they deliver to you before me??!! ;)

Possibly because there is a rush on in the UK for cars of to be delivered at the start September as we change our number plates then. Same again in March.....

2.7 S-line
02-09-2008, 04:05 PM
I can see in theory the benefits of the advanced key however it would be a lot better if the system could be extended so that the advanced key would unlock my front door at home and the security door at work.......

I'm sure people would find themselves leaving home, locking the front door with their house key's then getting into the car and just shoving the keys in the cup holder / door pockets as there is nowhere else to put them. You then get to work and have to dig you keys out again to gain access to the office.

not a problem for me - no work keys as office staff open up for me and house alarm and locks are on keycode so keys get dumped in trouser pocket and stay there all day - would be fantastic if the transponder in the keys could unlock the front door/deactivate alarm - will have to explore that option - less numbers to remember the better the way my memory is at the moment (lots of teething going on with my little boy - lots of lost sleep)

awtaylor
02-09-2008, 04:22 PM

You could probably hear your car fall off the production line from where you are;)

StephA4
02-09-2008, 08:22 PM
32 replies and only 1 pic come on guys read the Title!!!!!

Get those cameras working. :banghead:

hoju99
02-09-2008, 08:31 PM
32 replies and only 1 pic come on guys read the Title!!!!!

Get those cameras working. :banghead:

Mine is the only pic :biglaugh:

Going to take the camera with me to work tomorrow as every time I get home its raining :aargh4:

2.7 S-line
02-09-2008, 08:39 PM
i did a pic of a button :Blush2:

StephA4
02-09-2008, 08:45 PM
Hoju99 and 2.7 S Line you are top of the class everyone else stay behind.

:biglaugh:

hoju99
02-09-2008, 09:00 PM
Hoju99 and 2.7 S Line you are top of the class everyone else stay behind.

Will bring in some more tomorrow sir... :D

hoju99
02-09-2008, 09:07 PM
Night pic :D

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z118/hoju99/nightpic.jpg

StephA4
02-09-2008, 09:27 PM
Those lights look the dogs spuds!

Seen 2 lucky feckers picking up their B8`s today in Glasgow Audi

One identical to yours hoju99 and an Ibis white.

Both looked amazing. Think the Ibis white is my next choice.

awtaylor
02-09-2008, 09:34 PM
Here's a picture of mine ;)

WhiteHartMart
03-09-2008, 07:04 AM
Thanks to my dodgy photo skills and only having my iphone available - I have one picture of my new dirty Avant - will post somoe more once I stop driving the car and clean it :D

jamiey
03-09-2008, 10:01 AM
Thanks to my dodgy photo skills and only having my iphone available - I have one picture of my new dirty Avant - will post somoe more once I stop driving the car and clean it :D

That looks great!

Must get my finger out and down to the Audi dealer....

RichardCranium
03-09-2008, 01:24 PM
I'd forgotten about the 58 plate being out. Booo hisss! Mine is out of date now!!

awtaylor
03-09-2008, 01:42 PM
I'd forgotten about the 58 plate being out. Booo hisss! Mine is out of date now!!

I must say that I am yet to see any "58" plates on the road and I have a daily 30 mile commute in pretty heavy traffic. Signs of the "credit crunch"?

hoju99
03-09-2008, 01:50 PM
"Dirty" car pics

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z118/hoju99/SDC10087.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z118/hoju99/SDC10088.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z118/hoju99/SDC10089.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z118/hoju99/SDC10090.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z118/hoju99/SDC10091.jpg

:beerchug:

scottishbud
03-09-2008, 01:56 PM
Nice car :beerchug: Is the interior light pack good?

hoju99
03-09-2008, 02:00 PM
Nice car :beerchug: Is the interior light pack good?

Oh yes all good :biglaugh:
Brilliant Red - superb , suits the car
Audi Parking System Plus - works very well nice graphic display
Folding Exterior mirrors - well worth it as the mirrors are "BIG"
Interior light package - lights up the car very well at night
Storage package - lots of nets and cubby holes
Audi hill-hold assist - works very well (when i remember to turn it on)
Bang & Olufsen sound system - SUPERB and the SD card works SO well

WhiteHartMart
03-09-2008, 03:00 PM
I wasn't able to add all the options I would have liked ...... but I am so glad I got the B&O - absolutely outstanding quality for a manufacturers system. I guess it helps that the interior of the A4 is pretty well insulated from outside noise, but the sound quality really is very good.

In addition I'm so pleased that there is the SD card reader - it doesn't seem long ago that I was getting excited about cars having 6 disc in-dash autochangers but this is much better - I particularly like the way all the information is duplicated on the DIS - very impressive!

mkc
03-09-2008, 04:03 PM
Ive yet to use the SD card reader. I have attached my iPod Touch to the Aux in and left it in the arm rest but I keep forgetting to turn the thing off. Left it on all day yesterday and went to go home and it had run out after being left on all day. Had to listen to the Radio! Really must configure a SD card.

Im pretty impressed with the standard "Concert" stereo so the B&O must be stunning. I like the way you have treble, mid and bass control, not just treble and bass like you get on my car stereos. Ill be stuffed if I can find the 10 speakers in the car tho! Unless thats one on the dash..........

Also like the way you can change CD track via the DIS screen

Nicksluck
04-09-2008, 09:25 AM
Just to show not all of us went for the sline. Very pleased with car . the SD card is brilliant. cant see the cd player ever being used. Standard spec car with light pack and hill hold. Dealer fitted rear parking sensors which do look like factory fitted.:biglaugh:

awtaylor
04-09-2008, 09:36 AM
I must say that I am yet to see any "58" plates on the road and I have a daily 30 mile commute in pretty heavy traffic. Signs of the "credit crunch"?

Finally seen a "58" plate on the road this morning just as left home and it was on a Black A4 S-line saloon! Should be getting my registration number today - hopefully the car won't be too far away now.

JBlues
04-09-2008, 12:14 PM
Yay - one up for the SE!

_steve
04-09-2008, 12:54 PM
Here we go with a few pitures of a black A4

_steve
04-09-2008, 12:56 PM
and some more....

_steve
04-09-2008, 12:58 PM
and yet more...

_steve
04-09-2008, 12:59 PM
and finally a couple more....

the weather isn't too kind today so the outside of the car is a little wet and grimy. I've put a few pictures up showing bits of the car i didn't realise existed by looking at other photos on the net, including the boot storage area - its a good little cubby holewith a 12v outlet for charging a phone or camping light etc.

There's a photo of the AMI install, which takes up a bit of the glovebox. There's also a photo of the back of the front seats showing one element of the storage pack - the rear seat nets, which is all i really wanted so the kids could keep their stuff stored there on journeys, the other elements of the kit are a waste of time - the under seat storage lockers would just about hold a mars bar, or a can of coke (not tried a can yet - they may be too big) - the lid of the locker tilts forward, and thats it - the whole storage is the lid, there's no space behind to store a map book, or like in my old car an SLR camera. The locking glovebox comes as part of the pack, which sounds okay, but remember that the new Audi key doesn't have a blade as "normal" so you have to push the fiddly button on the key to release the emergency keyblade to operate the glovebox lock !

The other bits of the car are awesome - the smell of leather is great when you open the door in the morning - i hope this smell stays for a long while :)

The wheels look amazing, and combined with the LED lights the car is getting stared at everywhere i go.

Bluetooth works great with my Blackberry Pearl - and integrates really well into the MMI and the display near the speedo. Interior light pack is really subtle but very cool too, the tyre pressure monitor is non-existant - ie you set it, and forget about it - it will only come into play when anything is wrong - fair enuff :) and the Servotronic makes parking it a lot easier on the arms than the SE without servo i tried (i wouldn't want a non servotronic car with 19" wheels - not unless you planned on developing your arms muscles :)

The advanced key is way too cool as well - no faffing around when you get in, pull door handle, sit down, push button, drive - all too easy :) (i'm getting soo lazy as i get old ! ) LOL :)

hope you enjoy the pics :)

all in all i am over the moon with the car,

mkc
04-09-2008, 01:08 PM
Aruba Blue with Piano Black Inlays

crazy, been raining all day, then the sun comes out and its too bright in the car.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x45/mkcurtis/04092008.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x45/mkcurtis/04092008001.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x45/mkcurtis/04092008002.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x45/mkcurtis/04092008003.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x45/mkcurtis/04092008004.jpg

The piano black inlays all have a silver edge to them, which sounds pretty odd but it looks good. The sun is terrible inside the car here, makes the blacks look grey and the piano black look like glass........still Im very happy with my choice.

_steve
04-09-2008, 01:12 PM
deleted duplicate text... (mods can you please remove this post?) Ta

awtaylor
04-09-2008, 01:15 PM
Really like the Aruba Blue, much closer to my current B7 Mauritius Blue than I was expecting. Piano black inlays also exceed expectations, the metal trim really provides a classy look.

Nice to see the standard center console with the SD card slot but without the sissy Sat-Nav;)

mkc
04-09-2008, 01:18 PM
Its almost the same at the Maurtius blue. Currently have a A3 in that colour on the drive too. They are different but I think mine is Pearl and the Mrs' is Metallic.

Yeah, Sat Nav is for people who are affraid to ask for directions :D

It was simply out of my price range and give I either work at home or at the same office all the time I would never need it!

JBlues
04-09-2008, 01:29 PM
[Nice to see the standard center console with the SD card slot but without the sissy Sat-Nav;)[/quote]

You've got good eyesight!

The excitement and pride being beamed out from mkc's and Steve's pictures has brightened up a very dull afternoon in West Yorkshire!

Enjoy chaps!

I am waiting for Glasgow audi to confirm delivery of mine tomorrow.....

WhiteHartMart
04-09-2008, 02:01 PM
All looking nice guys - mines gonna get its first proper clean over the weekend (weather permitting!!) :D

Plife
04-09-2008, 02:56 PM
Soem good pics up there. Loving the black one....shows me what mine will look like :biglaugh:

ryan427
04-09-2008, 07:27 PM
A few piccies of my new car
At the dealers
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk300/ryan427_photos/Audi%20day%201/IMG_1396.jpg
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk300/ryan427_photos/Audi%20day%201/IMG_1392.jpg
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk300/ryan427_photos/Audi%20day%201/IMG_1393.jpg
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk300/ryan427_photos/Audi%20day%201/IMG_1394.jpg
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk300/ryan427_photos/Audi%20day%201/IMG_1395.jpg
At home
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk300/ryan427_photos/Audi%20day%201/IMG_1399.jpg
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk300/ryan427_photos/Audi%20day%201/IMG_1400.jpg
After a quick wash with Megs Shampoo +
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk300/ryan427_photos/Audi%20day%201/IMG_1401.jpg
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk300/ryan427_photos/Audi%20day%201/IMG_1402.jpg
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk300/ryan427_photos/Audi%20day%201/IMG_1403.jpg
Still got a few glue marks so will tackle with Tardis then a good claying, Carlack NSC/LLS and finished with Clearkote Yellow then Carnuaba wax. Very pleased not see a single swirl :D :D :D
Will post again once properly clean :wink:
Ryan

mkc
05-09-2008, 08:36 AM
Wow, very nice. Not seen an avant S Line yet. Im assuming thats Phantom Black?

(Mark from Cleanyoucar!)

garybuk
05-09-2008, 09:19 AM
A few piccies of my new car
At the dealers

Still got a few glue marks so will tackle with Tardis then a good claying, Carlack NSC/LLS and finished with Clearkote Yellow then Carnuaba wax. Very pleased not see a single swirl :D :D :D
Will post again once properly clean :wink:
Ryan

Ryan, that wouldn't be the Old Trafford Audi Dealers would it? I work right around the corner from there :P

ryan427
05-09-2008, 02:42 PM
Hi Guys,

It's "Brilliant Black" i.e flat, not pearlescxent or metallic and yes, that is Audi at Old Trafford, well spotted :D

Ryan

mkc
05-09-2008, 03:00 PM
[Nice to see the standard center console with the SD card slot but without the sissy Sat-Nav;)

You've got good eyesight!

The excitement and pride being beamed out from mkc's and Steve's pictures has brightened up a very dull afternoon in West Yorkshire!

Enjoy chaps!

I am waiting for Glasgow audi to confirm delivery of mine tomorrow.....[/quote]

Did you get that call!?

JBlues
05-09-2008, 04:29 PM
Yes! I took delivery of it at lunchtime and I have driven it about 15 yards and sat in it for about 2 minutes total!

Sat here watching rain of biblical proportions coming down with far too much to do and just itching to personalise everything and play!

Not sure what's worse, waiting for the car or sitting looking at it knowing that you're not going to get near it properly for probably another 24 hours!

I must have been very bad in a former life!

RichardCranium
05-09-2008, 10:41 PM
looks v.nice indeed. prefer the white saloon with 19's on in the showroom behind;)

mkc
05-09-2008, 11:15 PM
Surely thats an A5? Huge gap between the rear wheel and the start of the door indicates its a Coupe. Im far too sad.....:Blush2:

StephA4
06-09-2008, 10:49 AM
Surely thats an A5? Huge gap between the rear wheel and the start of the door indicates its a Coupe. Im far too sad.....:Blush2:

Also the fact there is only 1 door might help your call on it being an A5 lol !!

garstang
06-09-2008, 12:30 PM
Would Be Nice To See Pics Of A4 Avant S Line In Aruba Blue If Any Of You Lucky People Are Collecting One This Week. Mines Is Not Due For Another 5 Weeks.

I got mine in sphere blue. Looks stunning

cressers
07-09-2008, 04:52 PM
anyone got pictures of a black sedan with 18" 5 spoke with 20mm lowered....

ryan427
07-09-2008, 06:08 PM
Not a sedan, but my pics above are 20mm lowered if it's of any help.

Ryan

pastrybloke19
07-09-2008, 06:14 PM
Some good pictures there. The dealer should be delivering my A4 Avant on Tuesday.........can't wait. Will post some pic's/thoughts on Tuesday pm/wednesday Am.

________
New A4 Avant 2.0TDI 143PS SE in Ice Silver,
with Sat Nav, DAB, AMI, Blue tooth Phone connection, Basic Cruise Control, Adv Parking System, Electric folding mirrors, Heated Front Seats, Interior Light Pack, Load mat, Storage pack, Tire Pressure and Black Milano Leather...

cressers
07-09-2008, 06:16 PM
Thanks, I just wanted to see how it just "looks"

I have looked around but all i can see is avant or phantom black or with different wheels

BMWBig6
08-09-2008, 04:26 AM
Just to show not all of us went for the sline. Very pleased with car . the SD card is brilliant. cant see the cd player ever being used. Standard spec car with light pack and hill hold. Dealer fitted rear parking sensors which do look like factory fitted.:biglaugh:[
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3681&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1220516596

More higher resolution pics please! :D

RichardCranium
08-09-2008, 11:54 AM
after another look...it does look an A5, :o still chuffin gorgeous though

awtaylor
08-09-2008, 12:28 PM
I should be picking my Avant up on Thursday morning:D, promise to take and post pictures asap, weather permitting!

In the meantime, for those of you who are interested in how your car is protected during shipment, here's mine awaiting preparation (apologies for the rubbish camera phone picture quality and over exposure!).

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/picture.php?albumid=160&pictureid=527

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/picture.php?albumid=160&pictureid=526

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/picture.php?albumid=160&pictureid=525

pastrybloke19
09-09-2008, 07:33 PM
Gutted! Was supposed to have my A4 delivered today, but the payment hadn't cleared, so I have another day to wait!!!!!!!!!! :zx11:

________
New A4 Avant 2.0TDI 143PS SE in Ice Silver,
with Sat Nav, DAB, AMI, Blue tooth Phone connection, Basic Cruise Control, Adv Parking System, Electric folding mirrors, Heated Front Seats, Interior Light Pack, Load mat, Storage pack, Tire Pressure and Black Milano Leather...

JBlues
11-09-2008, 01:54 PM
Mmm....this would help explain why have black adhesive marks particularly along the roof between the out edge of the rails and the car.....

Plife
11-09-2008, 02:22 PM
Mmm....this would help explain why have black adhesive marks particularly along the roof between the out edge of the rails and the car.....
This is where the dealer should prep the car correctly to remove this!!! Hence another reason why the dealer will not be touching my car!

B6Andy101
11-09-2008, 10:38 PM
Thought it was time for another photo after all these words

http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr167/B6Andy101/Audi%20A4%20Avant%20S-Line%20Lava%20Grey/2008_09_10_001335.jpg

JBlues
12-09-2008, 11:06 AM
Any ideas what I can use to safely remove these marks?

awtaylor
12-09-2008, 11:20 AM
Any ideas what I can use to safely remove these marks?

AutoGlym Intensive Tar Remover should do the job and is readily available from Halfords.

mkc
12-09-2008, 02:18 PM
What he said. Or some Lub and a Clay might clear it without the use of chemicals if you prefer.

JBlues
12-09-2008, 02:27 PM
AutoGlym Intensive Tar Remover should do the job and is readily available from Halfords.

Ha - I have some of that. Don't know why but I was thinking that Autoglym Fast Glass might do the trick.....or did I dream that!?!?!

awtaylor
12-09-2008, 02:53 PM
Fast Glass is a solvent so should work too although may require a bit more elbow grease. Clay and detailing spray is ideal for removing the last of any remaining residue but you will probably need a solvent to dissolve any heavier deposits.

pastrybloke19
12-09-2008, 07:16 PM
Finally got round to taking a couple of pics, even tho it was raining. I will take some more one it stops raining......

pastrybloke19
12-09-2008, 07:23 PM
And I have uploaded some h-res ones here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/pastrybloke19

awtaylor
12-09-2008, 07:24 PM
Finally got round to taking a couple of pics, even tho it was raining. I will take some more one it stops raining......

Love the colour, excellent choice:approve:

pastrybloke19
12-09-2008, 07:42 PM
Thanks. I was tempted by Red, but thought that I would get bored of it after about 3 months. Metalic black came a close second, and ironically only lost out in the end cause all the cars parked at my house are black, so I decided to be the Silver Sheep!!

jontB5
13-09-2008, 06:39 PM
that's a beauty B6 Andy 101 - v.nice motor!!
still not shure about LED running lights on the B8 but the front indicators are beautiful!!

rd1
13-09-2008, 06:58 PM
Nice looking car and looks really good in that colour! Nearly chose that one but for me Quartz Grey had the slight edge(looking at the pics just hope I'm right!!)
Interesting to see your additions include the rear airbags which do not seem to be too popular, am I missing something here?
Great forum with really good interesting information can't wait to pick my car up on the 3rd October.
-------------------------------------------------
B8 2.0TDi SE, Quartz Grey, Servotronic PAS, DVD Sat Nav & MMI, Cruise Control, Electric Folding and Heated Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitoring, Rear Side Airbags, Hill Hold Assist,Parking system plus

imyahmed
04-10-2008, 03:52 PM
nice car, regarding the colour, would you say it is worth paying the extra £500 for phantom black or is the flat colour as good, seems that way form your pics

imyahmed
04-10-2008, 04:32 PM
lovely motor, did you consider the phantom black or did you think the brilliant black was better in any way, considering you have 2 pay extra for phantom ?

Audi Happy
04-10-2008, 08:17 PM
I've had min 58 plate one whole week now and still havent stopped grinning, gave it a thorough clean this afternoon then the rain came :zx11:.
I've run out of auto glym and wondered about Turtlewax ice, any of you guys tried it ?? would value some opinions on it before i let it anywhere near my prescious.http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/picture.php?albumid=182&pictureid=609

Plife
04-10-2008, 09:15 PM
I've run out of auto glym and wondered about Turtlewax ice, any of you guys tried it ??
Turtlewax.....not great! For products you can get from your local Halfords stick with Meguairs or Autoglym. There are better products out there, what ....check out www.cleanyourcar.co.uk (http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk)

awtaylor
09-10-2008, 04:15 PM
Sun's shining, cue more pictures...

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/picture.php?albumid=160&pictureid=629

Car is ready for winter, wheels sealed with two layers of Chemical Guys Wheel Guard, paintwork polished and sealed with Carlack 68 NSC and finished off with two layers of Collinite 476s wax.

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/picture.php?albumid=160&pictureid=630[/URL]

Keeps clean for longer with water sheeting off the paintwork.

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/picture.php?albumid=160&pictureid=628

Shouldn't need another wax until the Spring. Details of preparation here: [URL]http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=242694&postcount=30 (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/picture.php?albumid=160&pictureid=630).

pastrybloke19
11-10-2008, 01:40 PM
I have now down 1k miles in it so I thought I would post a few more pictures..........

For full res:
http://picasaweb.google.com/pastrybloke19/MoreA4Pictures#

Jop
13-10-2008, 12:19 PM
Not a great picture, it was taken on my phone and it was wet
http://gallery.me.com/jonpaul99/100180/photo1223549371327/web.jpg

Look alright i suppose.;)
Love it really!!! :biglaugh:

Ramon959
23-10-2008, 11:33 PM
I thought I would all mine to the list here - not seen any others rolling the 15 spoke 18's.

Brilliant Black 2.0TFSi

http://www.flickr.com/photos/89281706@N00/2968128262/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/89281706@N00/2968130862/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/89281706@N00/2967255189/in/photostream/

Ramon959
23-10-2008, 11:33 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/89281706@N00/2967255189/in/photostream/

kodkod.84
24-10-2008, 08:23 AM
Ah so you can get the 18" DTM alloys as well on the B8- looks very smart.

Do you have the same frustration when cleaning them as I do- takes absolutely ages!! :(

StephA4
24-10-2008, 09:56 AM
Nice car there Ramon

Love the choice of rims

Ride height of the SE is HUGE the gap between the arches looks like a 4x4!

g75y
25-10-2008, 01:50 AM
Hi Steve - great car and pics!
Just wondering if you know if the 19" RS4 alloys are the same ones which would fit on the TT Mk2 (those are 255/35/19s) especially the inner bore size. Thinking of carrying over my rims :-)

Cheers!!

Here we go with a few pitures of a black A4

Andy J
26-10-2008, 03:14 PM
Can you opt not to have the silly boy racer LED cruise lights, they completely spoil the car IMHO what were Audi thinking.

kodkod.84
26-10-2008, 04:51 PM
The LEDs are DRL (Daytime Running Lights) not a silly gimmick but a piece of safety equipment, that under emerging EU Regs may require all cars to be reprogrammed so their front lights are on.

If you don't like them I do believe you can switch them off.

Red Avant
26-10-2008, 07:38 PM
They both look beautiful. I think they are a huge improvement on the B7.
Just wish i could afford one!:(

StephA4
27-10-2008, 03:11 PM
Can you opt not to have the silly boy racer LED cruise lights, they completely spoil the car IMHO what were Audi thinking.

Buy an SE if you dont like the LED`s :D

I`m the total opposite I can afford an SE but holding out until a S Line comes into my budget as the LED`s are one of the main reasons I want one!!!!

2.7 S-line
27-10-2008, 05:19 PM
bit of a marmite love it or hate with the LED's - but from my exeprience 9/10 people love them

different strokes and all that, I mean some people like Celine Dion.... so there really is no accounting for some people's taste

garybuk
27-10-2008, 05:39 PM
My Ice Silver 1.8TFSI 160bhp SE ... i love my car :biglaugh:

http://www.bowers1.com/~gary/photos/04092008083.jpg
http://www.bowers1.com/~gary/photos/04092008084.jpg

BMWBig6
27-10-2008, 05:44 PM
My Ice Silver 1.8TFSI 160bhp SE ... i love my car :biglaugh:

http://www.bowers1.com/%7Egary/photos/04092008083.jpg

I think the non-LED headlights look meaner and more menacing. Great looking car! :beerchug:

B8 TDI
27-10-2008, 07:58 PM
I think the non-LED headlights look meaner and more menacing. Great looking car! :beerchug:

Agreed, If it were the same as the A5 headlights I would have chosen the option, but the A4 LED's look too feminine, my wife says the car looks like it has mascara on.

not the best pics, taken with a phone.

http://www.novasoft.co.za/DSC07453.JPG
http://www.novasoft.co.za/DSC07454.JPG
http://www.novasoft.co.za/DSC07455.JPG

drmartin
27-10-2008, 11:01 PM
They both look beautiful. I think they are a huge improvement on the B7.
Just wish i could afford one!:(

I am so fed up waiting for mine..... I want it now.. please Audi get it built.

mkc
28-10-2008, 09:48 AM
Here is a nice Aruba blue for you to look at in the meantime

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x45/mkcurtis/a4.jpg

drmartin
29-10-2008, 10:56 PM
Here is a nice Aruba blue for you to look at in the meantime

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x45/mkcurtis/a4.jpg

O thanks so much... real glad I got that colour now.... just need the car! cannot even get an acurate delivery date! Will post pic when its safely delivered.

M

ryancurnow
31-10-2008, 01:37 AM
[quote=_steve;233492]and finally a couple more....

The Servotronic makes parking it a lot easier on the arms than the SE without servo i tried (i wouldn't want a non servotronic car with 19" wheels - not unless you planned on developing your arms muscles :)

Hey all! I got a 1.8T coming in a couple of months and still trying to decide what size tyres to get for it. Im thinking 18's or 19's but unsure of the ride quality without a servo!

cressers
04-11-2008, 07:18 PM
Picked mine up....love it. Fast, and now dirty.

Sadly the 18s have to come off in a week, boring 16" for the winter :(

kodkod.84
04-11-2008, 07:54 PM
Picked mine up....love it. Fast, and now dirty.

Sadly the 18s have to come off in a week, boring 16" for the winter :(

Is that because snow chains don't fit 18" wheels?

cressers
04-11-2008, 08:02 PM
:) Nah, we need to have winter tires, so I use metal studded ones. V V noisy..... ah well.

ryancurnow
04-11-2008, 11:16 PM
Do you notice much difference in the ride quality/handling between the 16" and 18" wheels. It it a lot bumpier?

cressers
05-11-2008, 10:31 AM
18s are firmer and more grip, especially on cornering

16s are softer ride, but noisier due to the studs. I would imagine without the studs, they would be quieter than the 18s

Kalashnikov
28-06-2014, 08:24 AM
Am after a A4 sline tdi 143 does anyone own one here?

I am concerned about cars that have reached 100k to meet my budget of 10k.

Is the b8 a4 sline still worth it?

Boy
28-06-2014, 02:44 PM
The A4 S line is great. The xenon headlines which the S line has as standard are worth the extra
which you pay for the S line which also looks great.
Suspension on this model is rather firm.
143 TDI is a good compromise between power and economy.
Good luck with the hunt.

Kalashnikov
28-06-2014, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the reply.

But I have u got anything to worry about or look out for with a 5 year sline tdi with around 100k on the clock....

Any issues I should look out for?

Which audi do you have ?

BrennanTDi
30-06-2014, 03:49 AM
My A4 B8

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2903/14535019152_7caabb8078_c.jpg

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3851/14512914856_c59789242f_c.jpg

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3867/14349558057_ebd7ea0372_c.jpg

razorharley
30-09-2014, 02:02 PM
What wheels are they!? :p:p