PDA

View Full Version : Electrical problems with boot lid and Roof container lid

cabri-ole
27-01-2007, 07:56 PM
Having just purchased my first Audi 2.0e Cabriolet 1994, I find that the central locking actuator for the boot lid has stopped working, now when i lock the doors with a key everything locks apart from the bood lid and the horn doesn't do its usual single beep, I also tried to open the roof (its manual) when i pressed the button to release the roof compartment lid the light on the dash flashed but the compartment lid stayed shut. I know I need to replace the central locking actuator in the boot, does anyone have any idea how much this is going to be? and is this faulty central locking actuator the reason why the roof compartment lid won't open? Any advice gladly received.:D

Thanks in advance

I think i may have found the answer to my problem in this post
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum//showthread.php?t=3605, however I will have to let you know once i have located an actuator and fitted it to see if this cures the problem with my roof compartment and central locking.

Comments and and advice are still gladly recieved from anyone who has had this problem on my specific car 1994 Cabrio 2.0e ( I am not sure if this is classed as an A4 or an 80 doesn't say on the V5 just Cabriolet, would be helpful to know for getting service manuals and parts etc.)

Thanks Again

robv6
14-02-2007, 07:51 PM
had this problem myself last year. might be the same as yours check your lights at the rear mainly mumber plate light and reverse lights are working. reason is down the left hand side of boot lid hinge runs a thin wiring loom.the age of your car or over years of opening and shuting the boot lid,breaks the wires down in this loom it is covered with a plastic sheaf.open it up and you should find one or 2 wires broken. you should be able to splice some new wire in hope this helps. ROB