PDA

View Full Version : A6 1.8T - problems with Turbo

Morris
27-01-2007, 07:49 PM
I have a problem with my turbo. It is causing smoke to blow out the exhaust in vast abundance. It is white smoke and fairly thick. My mechanic is sure it is the Turbo and has told me to source the part and he'll fit it. However from the description above i'm unsure whether it needs total replacement!! What does anyone else think?

Also can anyone give me an idea on price or direct me to a reliable source?

Many thnak in advance.

passat boy
30-01-2007, 11:05 AM
I have a problem with my turbo. It is causing smoke to blow out the exhaust in vast abundance. It is white smoke and fairly thick. My mechanic is sure it is the Turbo and has told me to source the part and he'll fit it. However from the description above i'm unsure whether it needs total replacement!! What does anyone else think?

Many thnak in advance.

Try Turboactive.com ,sounds like a turbo problem but you dont state age/milage etc.

n793
28-01-2008, 02:26 AM

Many thnak in advance.

sounds like turbo fine , just a pipe loose from turbo