PDA

View Full Version : Elsawin problem

jeremyh
27-01-2007, 04:43 PM
Hi all
I've just installed Elsawin and tried to enter the data for my car. I've entered the VIN, model year, engine code etc but the programme says more information is needed and tries to connect to some central information store via the internet and fails. This stops me accessing some of the information for my car. Any ideas?

stuart
27-01-2007, 05:21 PM
This is a problem with "copied" software...... you need acces to a database for it to work OK. Only official dealers have this access.

jak
27-01-2007, 10:22 PM
Had problem too. I've also had to take it off computer for other reasons but from memory- box at very top to the right has a code which goes in automatically with the other info but if you look in service book it will give a longer code.
here's mine - ****** and by the way ,that's a zero in there.
Hope this helps, as i say, it's from memory.

jeremyh
28-01-2007, 09:58 AM
Had problem too. I've also had to take it off computer for other reasons but from memory- box at very top to the right has a code which goes in automatically with the other info but if you look in service book it will give a longer code.
here's mine - ****** and by the way ,that's a zero in there.
Hope this helps, as i say, it's from memory.

Thanks Jak
I had entered this code which I got from service paperwork but the last 3 digits weren't being recognised by the software. After I read your reply I got the service book out and found that the service paperwork had the wrong code. I entered the code from the service book and it's working now.

jak
07-02-2007, 10:22 PM
glad it's workin. mine ain't. As i said- Had to take it off computer & trying to reload now but it asks for user & password. Have user written down. Did you or we! get a password when obtaining discs?

jeremyh
07-02-2007, 10:43 PM
Illegal content removed

Hope this works for you.

Sam
08-02-2007, 11:29 AM
Why, if you are not a dealer and your username is "JeremyH" would you be entering your details as

"John Nolan"

You are telling others how to access software that has potentially been illegally copied - I have removed the above post and unless I am told otherwise by yourself (as a Dealership) or by Stuart (as site owner) this thread will now be closed.