PDA

View Full Version : No Heated Windscreen option?

gav28
28-08-2008, 09:41 AM
Hi everybody, I am in the process of specc'ing up an A4 1.8 TFSI S-LINE to replace my Passat TDI 140BHP Sport. Decisions, decisions ;-)

One option that I find amazing isn't on the A4 option list is the heated front windscreen. I know it used to be only a Ford thing, but as I have it currently on my Passat I was hoping to keep it for the A4, it's just so useful in the depths of winter :D I don't suppose anybody knows why this isn't available on the A4?

So far my options list includes, Metallic Paint, AMI, interior lighting, storage pack and most importantly the B&O sound system. I have the Dynaudio system in the Passat and that is superb, I would expect the B&O system to be just as good.

Thanks

Gavin

mkc
28-08-2008, 10:22 AM
It does not appear in the spec list in the UK but you may find that its only available in colder countries as an option. Someone started a thread about pre-heating a car which was not available in the UK so that may be the same.

Plife
28-08-2008, 11:14 AM
I asked the dealer about this and they said no. I had one on a previous car and it was great!

JBlues
28-08-2008, 11:44 AM
I am doing the same move from Passat B6 Sport with heated screen and I too found it great in autumn / winter.....spring and parts of the summer!

This prompted my question posted earlier in the week about the presence of auxiliary heaters in UK cars as this would be even better than the heated screen. Not only would it clear the screen but all the other windows and warm the interior of the car before you got in it!

Sadly it appears to be an option under development in colder climates.

Given that our climate has gone totally knorks skyward can we have it PLEASE!

gav28
28-08-2008, 11:46 AM
Oh well, at least I'm not the only one that thought this should be on the options list.

cheers

drmartin
29-08-2008, 09:05 PM
Oh well, at least I'm not the only one that thought this should be on the options list.

cheers

One further bod here looking at specs etc... Can you spec dark glass in the rear of the car? I have it on my Passat Sport and it is very effective at keeping the car cool in the sun, can you get on the A4?

Sorry for going off topic a little here....

mkc
29-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Yes you can. I requested tinted rear windows. They got me a quote for Factory Fitted windows at around £400. Rear 3 windows only. Audi do offer it but you have to ask. I dont have it on mine however, due to a **** up with the order in the end

drmartin
30-08-2008, 04:58 PM
Yes you can. I requested tinted rear windows. They got me a quote for Factory Fitted windows at around £400. Rear 3 windows only. Audi do offer it but you have to ask. I dont have it on mine however, due to a **** up with the order in the end

Great news, thanks for that...

m