PDA

View Full Version : audi A4 96 (N) door lock

Flynn
27-01-2007, 08:22 AM
I need some :1zhelp:for a friend of mine who is looking for a step by step instructions, pictures would be helpful of a Driver door lock removal and refitting job on his Audi A4 1.9TDi 1996 (N). any help would be gratefully recieved .

thanks.

lennymfo
27-01-2007, 10:07 PM
Try the honestjohn.co.uk, select car by car breakdown link, input audi a4 then 96-00 and its in the paragraph entitled 'What's Bad'

valleya4
13-03-2007, 03:03 AM
I need some :1zhelp:for a friend of mine who is looking for a step by step instructions, pictures would be helpful of a Driver door lock removal and refitting job on his Audi A4 1.9TDi 1996 (N). any help would be gratefully recieved .

thanks.

Haines manual suggests removing lock mechanism etc. but managed to do in situ.
Remove inner door liner (5 screws in total - 2 hidden under handle cover)
Undo clip fitted to rear arm of door tumbler mechanism (connects to main door lock mechanism).
Insert key into tumbler.
Remove circlip on rear of tumbler while holding arm/spring assy etc. tightly. Then push out old tumbler and key.
Still holding arm/spring assy and using a spare key fitted in new tumbler push through in same plane as original. (tumbler wil locate on rear arm)
Refit new circlip
Job can be fiddley for 1 person, suggest you get a mate to help.

lennymfo
13-03-2007, 08:16 PM
Try the honestjohn.co.uk, select car by car breakdown link, input audi a4 then 96-00 and its in the paragraph entitled 'What's Bad'
Here's the link:http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/index.php?url=/carbycar/index.htm

Remember its in the 'what's bad bit' Lenny