PDA

View Full Version : A6 2.5 Tdi Won't Rev Over 2000 "Help"

eddievirola
27-01-2007, 01:35 AM
:confused:

Hello Everyone, My names Eddie and I'm new to the site

I was wondering if anyone could help i have just bought a A6 2.5 Tdi which has been parked up for six months and only ever done short runs in it's life 80000 mls Mreg
she starts perfect but won't rev over 2000 rpm and smokes out the street, miss fires but once you go back to idle all is well again runs fine.
there is a knocking noise from the air flow meter at idle this is the air position flap inside it opening and closing really fast and hitting the closed stop if i disconnect the air pipe to the valve beside the air box the noise goes away flap sits half way open.
i have put fuel cleaner in the tank and replaced the air and fuel filter also adding cleaner directly into the fuel filter when i fitted it, didn't help
i've taken off the intercooler hoses and the intercooler looks extreamly black but it is allowing air through it.
is there a sensor i don't know about or could it be a turbo issue or is there a blockage in the air intake somewhere
any advice would be really helpfull and well appreciated
i thought i had a reasonable knowledge about engines but this ones got me stuck
if you can help i would be extreamly greatfull
thanks ed

adamss24
27-01-2007, 12:38 PM
Hi, i suggest you scour the breakers yards for a replacement MAF and get somme NO RESIDUE electronics cleaner(spray) from local Maplin store and spray the contents inside to clear the thing. You will need to open the unit by removing the 4 philips screws but be carefull how you insert/remove the needle as its verry easy to damage ! Dealer charges 400 pounds for a new unit. In your case the IntakeAirTemperature Sensor(IAT) is dammaged, thats why it makes the clicking noise. Get the car on a fault code reader, Scantool, Vag-com and symilar and post the codes on the forum . Hope this helps.

eddievirola
28-01-2007, 05:24 PM
Many Thanks adamss24 ill get that done tommorow ill replace the MAF first and check out where i can get the ecu read when i do ill post the codes and any updates on how shes running.
while i remember the coolant temp guage does not seem to raise any idea where the sensor is located and can i bridge it out to check if the dash guage is ok. I really appreciate you taking the time to assist me many thanks again eddie