PDA

View Full Version : steamy sharan

andy e
26-01-2007, 11:17 PM
windows steam up , if car has been driven & is fully warmed up if you leave car 4 a while [ie shopping] when i get back into car & start the car there is a smell of hot moist air & instant fog,all the windows steam up, it does clear with a/c on. a/c is run all the time car is running

alanled
28-01-2007, 08:54 PM
Hi Im really sorry to tell you this but it sounds as though the heating element has a leak I had the same symptons on a 2.0 sharan I had unfortunatly it was left for too long and whilst my mother in law was driving the car the rad/element fractured and lost all the coolant and the engine siezed!!

andy e
28-01-2007, 10:10 PM
thanks will check it out tomoz [mon]

MalcQV
29-01-2007, 10:00 AM
I will concur. I had this problem many years ago on a MKIII Cortina. It sounds like the heater matrix is leaking.

ukvwsharan1998
29-01-2007, 04:33 PM
yeah i know the mk3 golfs had a recall on the heater matrix failing lets hope the sharans are not going down that same path:/ would defo suspect the matrix though as they generally work well but arent the best ones about! find a nice audi in a breakers an get 1
a4 tdi should be ok

or if you dont mind ford junk a smashed up galaxy matrix could do the jobbie!

VW Techniker
29-01-2007, 08:46 PM
Hi,

Check the pollen filter before you do anything else...

Wet pollen filters are a common problem with the Sharan.

andy e
29-01-2007, 09:07 PM
sorted, water coming in past pollen filter & collecting in heater, had system pressure tested, ok,thanks guys for your help