PDA

View Full Version : How to check when a service is due?

beesleydog
27-08-2008, 11:03 AM
How do I check when the service is due on my Jetta 2.0Tdi Sport? :1zhelp:

Tried using the reset button with the keys in but not luck. Any ideas :confused:

I am sure it will be in the hand book but by the time I get home I will forget to have a look.

Thanks in advance

xp800
04-09-2008, 12:52 AM
This might be of some use to you or others on this site.

Vehicles with Multifunction Display -
1.) With the key out of the ignition - Press and hold the “0.0”, located on the right side of the instrument cluster.
2.) While holding the reset button insert the key and turn to the “Accessory” position. Wait for “Service now!” message to appear on multi–functionscreen.
3.) Then release the “0.0” and press the “m” (minutes) button on the opposite side of the instrument cluster.
4.) To verify it’s been reset hold the ”0.0″ button again - the display should indicate the future service by the message: “Service in 5,000 mi / 8,000 KM or 180 days or 10,000 mi / 16,000 km or 365 days” depending on Service Interval adaptation.

Vehicles without Multifunction Display -
1.) With the key out of the ignition - Press and hold the “0.0”, located on the right side of the instrument cluster.
2.) While holding the ”0.0″ button insert the key and turn to the “Accessory” position. Wait for “wrench” symbol to appear in the odometer display.
3.) Then release the “0.0” and press the “MIN” button on the opposite side of the instrument cluster.
4.) To verify it’s been reset hold the ”0.0″ button again: The “wrench” symbol will appear together with the reset number of miles / kilometers you can drive until the service due date. The display changes after about 10 seconds. A “clock” symbol appears together with the reset number of days until the service due date.

VAG-COM method:
1.) Select 17-Instruments
2.) Select Adaptation (10) under advanced functions
3.) Enter Adaptation Channel Number: 02 and select “Read”, The window should read: “Service Reminder” and ServRemInd Closed Reset
4.) Enter “00″ as the new value
5.) Select “Save” and select “Yes” when VAG-COM asks “Are you SURE?”
6.) To verify it’s been reset, with the key in the accessory position, hold the ”0.0″ button - the display should indicate the future service by the message: “Service in 5,000 mi / 8,000 KM or 180 days or 10,000 mi / 16,000 km or 365 days” depending on Service Interval adaptation.

JETTA-07
03-07-2009, 05:29 PM
Hi

Is this a method to indicate the actual distance to service or is it a service indicator reset function???

All I want to do is check the distance prior to the 2500 mile warning!

Regards

KH