PDA

View Full Version : Touran Sat Nav

hedropsforglory
26-01-2007, 09:10 PM
I have just bought an 04 Touran 2.0 TDi Sport (all original standard spec)and am very impressed. Being a reasonably keen e-Bayer, I did a search on Touran, to find that a number of VW Sat Nav units were (are still) up for sale, allegedly taken from Octavias, Passats etc and allegedly easy replacement for Touran radio units.

I just wondered if anyone had any experience of replacing a Touran radio unit with a DVD-based sat-nav from another Touran or VW/Skoda with same standard Sat Nav unit?

Obviously any decision to proceed initially based upon whether the unit is genuine and not stolen!

Thanks in advance

brianf
28-01-2007, 07:13 PM
I have just bought an 04 Touran 2.0 TDi Sport (all original standard spec)and am very impressed. Being a reasonably keen e-Bayer, I did a search on Touran, to find that a number of VW Sat Nav units were (are still) up for sale, allegedly taken from Octavias, Passats etc and allegedly easy replacement for Touran radio units.

I just wondered if anyone had any experience of replacing a Touran radio unit with a DVD-based sat-nav from another Touran or VW/Skoda with same standard Sat Nav unit?

Obviously any decision to proceed initially based upon whether the unit is genuine and not stolen!

Thanks in advance

Yes, quite a few of us have done it. It's a reasonably easy job (less than 1hr) if you are adept at that sort of thing. The worst part is getting the radio facia off as they are very tight.
Have a look at this http://www.clubtouran.net/forum/showthread.php?t=724 for dismantling details.
You need to be aware that there are several different versions of the MFD2 sat nav unit. I would suggest you join up with www.vwnavi.com as that is a forum dedicated to that subject and you can get all the nitty gritty there.