PDA

View Full Version : TTC2 needs new boots

drew_TTC2
26-08-2008, 04:49 PM
Running the standard Conti Sport Contact 3's and have been looking around for a decent price.

Event Tyres are so far the cheapest but they recommended Goodyear Eagle F1's stating they won all sorts of awards when they came out... I'm not one to buy something as important as this without thorough research. Does anyone have experience of these tyres or something other than the Contis?

FYI, i got 17K out of the Contis on the front and the only reason for replacing the rears is a flat spot.

:1zhelp:

JohnWithAGolf
26-08-2008, 06:58 PM
I've got conti 3s on my Golf GT170, I can't fault them. I've never felt better stopping power (great if you leave your braking a bit late!) The F1s (now replaced in most sizes by F1 Asymmetrics) are good, but I always try to follow the OE spec and Goodyear have never had any decent share of OE in the VW Audi group. If you want to compare the Contis, try the Dunlop SP Maxx, they (and Conti) have a large share of OE specs.

drew_TTC2
26-08-2008, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

Thinking about it - 17K isn't at all bad from a set of fronts. Seems the centrally located speedbumps caused the majority of the wear on the inside forcing the replacement otherwise i would have had up to 20K out of them.

I love London.:aargh4: