PDA

View Full Version : Low Boost when Car is warm (After ECU remap)

thetomme
26-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Hello!

2003 1.8t TT

my car was remapped 4 days ago, when the car is cold in the mornings the car has noticeable increased boost and "acts" like a remapped car, give it 10 mins when the car starts to warm up just below normal operating temperature and this loverly performance seems to die, pulling away seems to be back to factory standards :zx11:........

Spoke to the guys who chipped my 2003 1.8t TT and they said the coolant temperature sensor might need replacing?

anyone now of this issue or any comments??

dansansome
26-08-2008, 05:13 PM
out of interest, who did you remap?

i have heard that dump valves and n75 valves can cause these issues too. im toying with the idea of changing mine out on my 1.8t because of similar issues. only seems to happen if i have been driving in traffic for a while.

thetomme
26-08-2008, 06:40 PM
Hi dansansome,

Celtic Tuning did mine?

Ive just brought a new coolent temp sensor to try but i dont think this will relate to the DV valve as mine is brand new, also the n75 could need replaicing but that will be option 2, ill try the new sensor and update....

thetomme
27-09-2008, 12:34 AM
Hi Gcl,

it was a custom, i have replaced the coolent temp sensor and it has helped but still when its normal running temp it holds back boost etc

robert_cannon
28-10-2008, 07:43 PM
I don't know if this is of help but i had the exact same problem after a re-map. After taking it back to more-bhp.com who did mine the fault codes came back with an air leak and that car was running in a limp mode with minimal boost. This is a known fault after a re-map. What was actually happening was because the re-map was making the car run outside of it's ecu fault settings it was detecting a different level boost from what it was expecting when i put my foot down however the values were extremely minimal. In otherwords the ecu was being over zeleous and kicking up a fault (air leak) when in reality it's pre-defined values set for fault logging left such a narror margine for a possible fault it was putting the car into limp mode.

The solution to this was a new map (custom) was created free of charge with a slightly wider margin for possible air leak faults codes being generated when under boost. Problem solved, the car always rockets now when hot unlike before. I hope that makes sense, this is what solved the problem for me as there was no air leak and the original re-map contained stricter fault margines which would be fine for standard power output but not increased power output which would require slightly wider margines for possible air leak faults.

STEWY L
28-10-2008, 08:13 PM
i was under the impression that the engine would be checked for any faults, or fault codes,
in standard form, by the engineer, before any attempt to remap was made. if any faults were found then they would not remap it.
if the temp sender/sensor was faulty at the time of remap, how on earth could they expect
the thing to work corectly??????????
and why take your hard earned cash off you???????????.
it's a jungle out there,
regards,
stewy.

motechmike
18-11-2008, 10:57 AM
i was under the impression that the engine would be checked for any faults, or fault codes,
in standard form, by the engineer, before any attempt to remap was made. if any faults were found then they would not remap it.
if the temp sender/sensor was faulty at the time of remap, how on earth could they expect
the thing to work corectly??????????
and why take your hard earned cash off you???????????.
it's a jungle out there,
regards,
stewy.

there are some cowboys out there lol.. As long as he has ur money !

get it back to them get them to look st the DTC's in the ECU !!