PDA

View Full Version : vag-com engine codes - please help

achundee
26-01-2007, 07:28 PM
Hi all,

I have done a vag-com scan on my 2000 1.4 AKK engined Polo, and have found the following codes:

P0106 35-10 which is "implausible signal" on the maf sensor according to vagcom

P0130 35-10 which according to the bentley site is "O2 Sensor Circ., Bank1-Sensor1 Malfunction"....I couldn't see what it said using vagcom as mine is not registered yet! :Blush2:

Do these sound like I just need to replace the lambda sensor and the maf sensor please? Help gratefully appreciated - Thanks!

devonutopia
26-01-2007, 07:50 PM
Sounds like the MAF is definitely "buggered". I've had that signal before and needed a new one. The O2 one is unfamiliar but with the word "malfunction" in the fault title, I would say it is "fubar"ed as well. :)

Hope this helps.

achundee
26-01-2007, 07:56 PM
Sounds like the MAF is definitely "buggered". I've had that signal before and needed a new one. The O2 one is unfamiliar but with the word "malfunction" in the fault title, I would say it is "fubar"ed as well. :)

Hope this helps.

Yeah, I had that on my passat TDi as well. When I swapped it, boy that car went faster! I'll get another one and try it.

Ref the lambda sensor, it said "Bank1". There is a Bank1 and a Bank2 according to Bentley. Do you reckon it is safe to assume that Bank1 is for runners 1&2 and Bank2 is for runners 3&4?

BTW are you from Exeter? Near one of my customer sites there is a Silver Fabia that has been played with a bit!

devonutopia
26-01-2007, 08:48 PM
BTW are you from Exeter? Near one of my customer sites there is a Silver Fabia that has been played with a bit!

I am a few miles from Exeter - and it probably is my car. Shed any more light on this connection? :D

With reference to 2 banks, I have a theory 1 bank may be cylinders 1 and 4, and the other is cylinders 2 and 3. I only guess this from knowing the the engine works when the pistons in 1 and 4 are at the top, and the other two are at the bottom. This may be well off, but it's my best guess.

achundee
26-01-2007, 11:42 PM
I am a few miles from Exeter - and it probably is my car. Shed any more light on this connection? :D

With reference to 2 banks, I have a theory 1 bank may be cylinders 1 and 4, and the other is cylinders 2 and 3. I only guess this from knowing the the engine works when the pistons in 1 and 4 are at the top, and the other two are at the bottom. This may be well off, but it's my best guess.

The car I have seen is in Sandpiper Court, near Pinhoe. Might be you...has a briskoda.net sticker in the rear screen.

Ref the two banks, I wonder where the lambda sensors are. Maybe where the manifold goes 4-2 there is one on each runner there. I'll check it out and see. Though if that is the case, I wonder how you are supposed to know which is bank1 and which is bank2 ?!?! Thanks for your advice!

devonutopia
27-01-2007, 12:23 AM
The car I have seen is in Sandpiper Court, near Pinhoe. Might be you...has a briskoda.net sticker in the rear screen.

Ref the two banks, I wonder where the lambda sensors are. Maybe where the manifold goes 4-2 there is one on each runner there. I'll check it out and see. Though if that is the case, I wonder how you are supposed to know which is bank1 and which is bank2 ?!?! Thanks for your advice!

LOL. That is my car and that was my old job - I worked at Unit 8. :D Since April I've been working down in Exmouth - much nicer scenery being on the seafront than overlooking that bloody brickworks.... Always got my car covered in brick dust when the wind blew the wrong way! :( Matter's not now - I only worry about seagull poop parking where I do now. :biglaugh:

I can help no further on the techie issues though. Pic of my car below

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i87/devonutopia/FABIA/DSCN0176.jpg