PDA

View Full Version : A3 with niggly electrical probs!

clackers
26-01-2007, 07:24 PM
Can anyone help me please? I've recently bought an A3 '99 on a V plate, I have a few little problems that I didn't pick up on when I bought it though.
1. electric window on drivers side has a mind of its own when I go to put it up, it takes a few attempts before it finally goes to the top.:confused:
2. the interior light doesn't come on when I open drivers door, yet it does with all the other doors.:confused:
3. if I leave the lights on and get out of car, it doesn't go 'bing bing' to remind me about the lights.:confused:
4. light above the drivers sunvisor doesn't work.:confused:
Could they all be linked? are they all differrent problems? I know they are piddly problems to some of you, but I'd rather have the car right than put up with it substandard!!
Usual one too, concert stereo is defunkt,:aargh4: any cheap suggestions?
Cheers for looking
Clackers

henners38
14-07-2009, 11:20 PM
HI mate, don't know if this is still an issue (?)
but the interior light not coming on and the light buzzer not coming on to remind you of lights are both interlinked..

sounds like its the switch that 'notices' the drivers door is open is sticky. When you open the drivers door it is a small round pin sticking out. Maybe its dirty and not pushing in / pulling out properly? Try cleaning it if not you may need to replace it.

With regard to your sunvisor light first off check the bulb, think its just a matter of prising the white plastic light cover away. If thats not it then it would be the switch that activates when you open the mirror cover.. that would be trickier to fix!