PDA

View Full Version : Question Esp Abs

markcharl
25-08-2008, 06:47 PM
I have a VW Passat 1.9tdi 130 bhp 05 plate.

Has anyone out there experienced the esp comming on and abs also when braking slowly.
This normaly will happen when two to three people are in the back of the car.
The esp warning light will normaly flicker or come on permanently then when you come to brake the abs will come on:aargh4:

Can anyone help or shed light on how to fix the problem
THANK YOU:biglaugh:

Hex69
11-09-2008, 12:00 PM
I have a VW Passat 1.9tdi 130 bhp 05 plate.

Has anyone out there experienced the esp comming on and abs also when braking slowly.
This normaly will happen when two to three people are in the back of the car.
The esp warning light will normaly flicker or come on permanently then when you come to brake the abs will come on:aargh4:

Can anyone help or shed light on how to fix the problem
THANK YOU:biglaugh:

Try posting in the Passat B5 forum here (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=113) :biglaugh:

djt100
11-09-2008, 01:23 PM
Thi happened on my Girlfriends polo, then eventually the light came on all the time, and we then had to get a new ABS Pump / ECU. if you can go without the car for a little while take the pump of and get it tested, ecu-testign do it for about £25 plus the post, and about £150 for full repair, i've used them in the past and they good plus get a 2 year guarantee, more than you'll got from VW for a new part.

Territouran
12-09-2008, 12:19 PM
Hi Guys,

It appears that this issue of ESP light staying on permantly and the problem with the ABS control unti is becoming very widespread. A number of people on this forum have raised the issue and ther are also several on another related forum who have raised the issue in relation to Tourans.

At the moment it seems that it is mainly Golfs and Tourans which are affected, but I am interested to learn of other VAG cars affected.

Cost of recitfying is horrific, circa £1,500 depending on fitting costs, unit alone is almost £1,200!!!:mad:

dft14
16-09-2008, 08:50 AM
I had this problem on my Audi A3. Can't remember what the problem was but got it sorted by Audi for nothing as it was less than a year after I bought the car.