PDA

View Full Version : This has got to be worse excuse ever

ashadam
24-08-2008, 10:59 PM
I think he should stop playing lovebirds with his new found lady (Pussycat dolls) and concentrate on what got him to this place.

I have supported this boy since he came out but he is slowly starting to p-ss me off he has an excuse for everything. The race today was a joke he just never tried then blames it on sleeping on bad neck, almost a million pounds a race and almost did not race because of a crooked neck. Ye right.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7580122.stm

RickT
24-08-2008, 11:52 PM
To be honest im not a fan of his at all....

If i ever watch the F1.. which is rare.. all you here is "LH" his.. "LH" that..

Rick

paul b
25-08-2008, 11:06 AM
I (and 16 year old lad) were always Michael Schumacher fans. I've never supported Lewis Hamilton, for me he spends far too much time in the press. He is a very good driver, nobody can take that from him, but I hate the idea that people call him a 'sensation' etc, because most of the other successful drivers in the sport have had to work their way from the very back of the F1 grid. Michael Schumacher started off in a Jordan (the modern day Force India for you newbies), Mika Hakkinen started off at Lotus, Fernando Alonso in a Minardi and so on. Hamilton was given a terrific hand in reaching where he is, but you must remember he has always had a competitive car, which the others mentioned didn't.

Paul

Issac Hunt
25-08-2008, 11:25 AM
A bit like Damon Hill?

Yes he is a good driver, that cant be in any dispute but I think almost any current F1 driver would be finishing on the podium if he was in a McLaren!

I notice with some of Lewis' press conferences he gives, when ever he wins its due to his brilliance. However when he loses its always another excuse, cars,tyres, track etc etc.

He doesnt seem to be able to admit that sometimes a better driver beats him!

Not to take anything away from him at all though. He's a Brit and I hope he does go on to lift the world title. Could just improve a little on the public perception of him and how he carries on at times!

k9max
25-08-2008, 04:34 PM
I (and 16 year old lad) were always Michael Schumacher fans. I've never supported Lewis Hamilton, for me he spends far too much time in the press. He is a very good driver, nobody can take that from him, but I hate the idea that people call him a 'sensation' etc, because most of the other successful drivers in the sport have had to work their way from the very back of the F1 grid. Michael Schumacher started off in a Jordan (the modern day Force India for you newbies), Mika Hakkinen started off at Lotus, Fernando Alonso in a Minardi and so on. Hamilton was given a terrific hand in reaching where he is, but you must remember he has always had a competitive car, which the others mentioned didn't.

Paul

Spot on. I'm no fan of his either (and that's being polite), and the media only puts him on a pedestal because he's English. I reckon there's other very good drivers who would do as good a job if you put them in a McLaren.

paul b
25-08-2008, 04:53 PM
Did anyone see his interview where he supposedly said, "nobody passes me on the outside" ?

That's pure big-headedness in my opinion. Even the best drivers get passed, take Mika Hakkinen's sensational move around Zonta and Schumacher at Spa for example, and it's not like Senna was never passed in his numerous battles with Nigel Mansell.

Hamilton was obviously left red faced by what Massa did at Hungary in Turn One, and the fact is he shouldn't make such big headed comments, just get on with ensuring it doesn't happen to him again !

Paul