PDA

View Full Version : Interior light?

j40aja
24-08-2008, 03:58 PM
On my S model the interior light in the middle doesn't light up no matter which position the switch is in but the 2 map lights go on.
Before I attempt to strip it out to change a bulb is this light supposed to come on as it does on our Sport?

jimgironde
24-08-2008, 07:12 PM
If I understand what you are saying correctly this is the interior light that should come on when you open the door? Does that happen?

RIDGMONT61
24-08-2008, 08:07 PM
I had it recently when neither the front interior light, over the centre console, and the rear centre light, over the rear seats, would not work. The dealer replaced a fuse to make them work.

I am unsure which fuse it was as I could not identify the correct one from the manual.

j40aja
25-08-2008, 04:53 PM
The rear lights work. It's the front interior lights above the centre console that I'm having issues with. the two map lights come on it the light in the middle that stays off.
The fact that it's just the centre not workin g makes me think that it's either not supposed to be on or a bulb is out.

Does the clear plastic just prise out? I'm not sure if another piece has to come off first to make it easier. Don't want to damage any trim pieces just to change a bulb.

gazza007
25-08-2008, 07:12 PM
There is no middle light!!! The map laps double up as the interior lights when you open the doors.

j40aja
25-08-2008, 09:16 PM
It's strange as it does light up on my Sport but wasn't sure if it's a spec issue.
Surely all the stuff is inside the light for it to work. They would keep costs down to have all the light internals the same. My sport does have the W8 lights so the unit is different but I'll have a look if someone can confirm how to gain access.
Hopefully it's just a case of putting a bulb in.

j40aja
26-08-2008, 04:23 PM
Right I've had a look today. I removed the cover from the windscreen edge first, this has smaller lugs so is easier.
As was already posted there is no centre light, only the 2 map lights.
It must be a spec thing, another thing that all SE and above have.

At least I know how to gain access without causing damage when a map light bulb goes.