PDA

View Full Version : 18" wheels on SE

tribester
24-08-2008, 08:28 AM
Hi,
I'm new to the Forum and about to pick up a low-mileage B8 A4 2.0TDI SE with 18" wheels. Interested to hear people's views on the ride compared to the B7 SE and S-line?
Thanks.

Smudge973
24-08-2008, 06:45 PM
I have a SE with the 18" rims.

The car rides very well, but it depends what you want from a car.

My last A4 was the 2.0T S-line with 18" wheels which was fine, but a little bit rough on b roads, but stuck to the road like glue.

My SE is softer, but not in a bad way, I find it far superior that my previous car on the motorway, but this could be down to the suspension and the general differences of the new set-up/design.

I'm sure it will be a great pleasure to drive - enjoy.

Hope this helps some way.

Smudge.

tribester
26-08-2008, 08:57 AM
Thanks - anticipation building more and more...

tribester
07-09-2008, 12:24 AM
Notched up 800 miles in a week in my 'new' A4 SE 2.0TDI with 18" wheels (5k miles, May reg) and am absolutely thrilled and delighted with the car. It's got more toys than you can shake a stick at - the MMI is amazing - and the driving experience is very satisfying. My only minor gripe is a little bit of tramlining when accelerating over white lines or uneven road.

Ibis white with black leather makes it look fab too...

AndyH123
08-09-2008, 11:07 AM
Yeah, little bit of tramlining would be my only comment too. Also it can make the car feel quite 'heavy' on certain bends / corners - e.g. going straight over a standard sized roundabout at around 30mph. I'm told this is entirely down to the tyres, profile and what I'm making the rubber do.

An extremely acceptable price to pay compared to the looks and the amount of grip. I've only had the traction control light come on once in nearly 7,000 miles - compared to my old car that's pretty good!