PDA

View Full Version : I've done it!

Neerazan
23-08-2008, 12:58 PM
I went down to Worthing Audi this morning and put my deposit down on a new A5 Sport in Phantom Black with shedloads of options.

Delivery is any time from start of November to start of January 09.

Now the painful part of sitting and waiting for it to arrive! :(

mluton
23-08-2008, 07:23 PM
I wish i had the money. Great motor and the best colour for them.

The long wait starts.

paul b
23-08-2008, 08:08 PM
Neerazan... for the love of the forum, PLEASE post up some pics when you receive it ! :p

Feel sorry about your agonising wait though...

Paul

andyquinn1
24-08-2008, 09:02 PM
well done neerazan great choice it will be well worth the wait , the time will fly in. I pick up my new td passat estate sept 1st.

good VWAUDI,s come to those who wait:beerchug:

CJW-Innit
25-08-2008, 04:54 PM
Hi man that should be really nice. What extras have you bought for it?? If I remember correctly you said you where getting a 2.0T Quattro, do you think you may may look into a Re-map?

Neerazan
25-08-2008, 05:59 PM
Hi man that should be really nice. What extras have you bought for it?? If I remember correctly you said you where getting a 2.0T Quattro, do you think you may may look into a Re-map?

I didn't go for the Quattro in the end. I decided that I would prefer the better MPG, potentially better CO2 emissions and lower VED band of the FWD and this allowed me to get more toys inside it. I had a strict budget to adhere to, unfortunately.

I think I've included all the options I bought for it in my sig.

The wait is awful and it's only been two days since I ordered it! :biglaugh:

I'm not sure about a remap to be honest. We'll have to see how things go.

CJW-Innit
25-08-2008, 06:03 PM
Ohhh my god that will be nice. An A5 at night with the Xenons on is a cool look. The wait may be bad but when you get it you will be happy and by the looks of things be very comfortable good choice man.

k9max
25-08-2008, 06:26 PM
Well done mate! This will be the longest 3 to 5 months for you though! :biglaugh:
I'd settle for a bog standard spec if I could buy an A5! Simply stunning!

dansansome
26-08-2008, 12:57 PM
i'd officially like to say that i hate you.

not really :)

cant wait to the the pics when you post them. i would be useless waiting that long. im so impatient when it comes to delivey of stuff i have ordered.

Neerazan
26-08-2008, 05:15 PM
I've looked into remap and I estimate about a 40-50 bhp increase, which is pretty good in my book.

No-one at work believes me when I say I've ordered the car. Gits. I'll definitely be posting some pictures up when I get it.

When I get it... *sob*

I'm impatient too, I always want things yesterday!

paul b
26-08-2008, 05:19 PM
When you get it, pull up in your car park at work and blow the horn a million times, drag them out and make them face the car.

That should teach 'em ! :p

Paul

Neerazan
01-09-2008, 06:46 PM
The dealership contacted me today to say that my car is to be built in week 50 for deliver mid January '09!

:aargh4:

Oh well, c'est la vie.

paul b
01-09-2008, 09:03 PM
The dealership contacted me today to say that my car is to be built in week 50 for deliver mid January '09!

:aargh4:

Oh well, c'est la vie.
:rocketwho

Combover
01-09-2008, 09:21 PM
How are you going to cope waiting that long?! I get my new car on Friday, 6 days after ordering it and its killing me!!!

shab_k
02-09-2008, 02:15 AM
the wait is the pain but you never know it might not take that long. was told 18-22 weeks for my q7 when i ordered it in may 08 however got it in 10 weeks.
a5's r simply stunning...congrats mate

Combover
02-09-2008, 08:05 AM
^^^ Very true

When I worked at GE, we would get calls out of the blue from the dealer telling us of amendable factory build slots, meaning cars come quicker!

longest wait I had with a client was 18 months for an XC90 when they first came out!

Neerazan
02-09-2008, 12:17 PM
The dealer did say that there is a small possibility that it could come earlier than that.

If it doesn't, i'm toying with the idea of holding it over until 1 March so I can get it on a new '09 plate. About as far from ideal as you can get but I think a six week wait for a new plate and possibly better residuals is better than getting one of the last '58 plates off the assembly line.

What do people think?

Neerazan
03-09-2008, 12:29 PM
The dealer did say that there is a small possibility that it could come earlier than that.

If it doesn't, i'm toying with the idea of holding it over until 1 March so I can get it on a new '09 plate. About as far from ideal as you can get but I think a six week wait for a new plate and possibly better residuals is better than getting one of the last '58 plates off the assembly line.

What do people think?

By this post I mean, could you wait for six to eight weeks for your car, knowing it's sitting at the dealers and you could pick it up at any time?

I'm not sure I could, to be honest...