PDA

View Full Version : front passengerside wing

sumbuddy
25-01-2007, 08:31 PM
Just a quickie ;-)

One of the mother-in-laws neighbours reversed into the car and proper dented it (ripped the fold also) but did have the decency to tell my girlfriend who had parked it safer than usual 'cos of a scaffold lorry up and down the road all day - ain't it just the way....

Anyway. I spot that the wing has bolts holding it to the inner - is it like that even where I can't see it?

Is it removable with "normal" tools?

I would try the replacement myself if it is. And then spray it from a can on a sunny day :-)

Its either that or the guy will have to pay his excess and get nobbled for the increase in insurance. I do have some sympathy as his wife was driving ;-)

All Audi have quoted 40+vat for a wing (s/h and the wrong colour obviously) but everywhere wants 200+vat for labour which leads me to think it ain't that easy....

Thanks in advance,
s.

jameswrush
14-08-2009, 01:39 AM
Just a quickie ;-)

One of the mother-in-laws neighbours reversed into the car and proper dented it (ripped the fold also) but did have the decency to tell my girlfriend who had parked it safer than usual 'cos of a scaffold lorry up and down the road all day - ain't it just the way....

Anyway. I spot that the wing has bolts holding it to the inner - is it like that even where I can't see it?

Is it removable with "normal" tools?

I would try the replacement myself if it is. And then spray it from a can on a sunny day :-)

Its either that or the guy will have to pay his excess and get nobbled for the increase in insurance. I do have some sympathy as his wife was driving ;-)

All Audi have quoted 40+vat for a wing (s/h and the wrong colour obviously) but everywhere wants 200+vat for labour which leads me to think it ain't that easy....

Thanks in advance,
s.
Did you ever replace that wing yourself. Was if difficult. Cheers, James