PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Airbag light

Big John
22-08-2008, 06:52 PM
You guessed it :zx11:, I forgot to plug the passenger warning light assembly back into the loom before turning on the ignition switch to test the nokia hands free kit.

I have read on the forum that the real answer is to take it to the VAG dealer for a reset but have read also that disconnecting the battery for 15 mins may cure the problem.

Would appreciate some help.:1zhelp:

Frelon
25-08-2008, 02:07 PM
Big John, join the club! Been there, done that!

I took my car back to the dealer where I bought it from (and also have it serviced there). They connected the VAG-COM and reset the light. They said it might have been a dirty contact or just a temporay glitch!!! ....and to monitor it to see if it happens again!

Which it won't, unless I forget!!

Not too sure whether disconnecting the battery will work, but what have you got to lose?

When I disconnected my battery (to install bluetooth), and then reconnecting I lost some information on the MFD, the ESP light came on and the little steering wheel light came on. On motoring a couple of kms they went out automatically and all was well. Mind you when I did this my airbag warning light was not lit, so don't know if it would have been sorted.

Good luck with your "story" to the dealer.

Big John
25-08-2008, 08:58 PM
Hi Frelon,

Did not take a chance with disconnecting the battery but went to the local VAG dealer in Maidenhead who refused to reset it. They said as they had not worked on the vehicle they would not take any chances and refused point blank.

Was given the number of a local "private" VW service/garage who did it straight away and took just a few key strokes on the lap top.

I know you live in France but any one local to Maidenhead should check out "MarlowVW" on the Cressex Estate in High Wycombe. 01494 459616 and ask for Dave.

denby87
01-09-2008, 04:38 PM
re airbag light you can always get a reset tool off ebay @ £25 i got one to reset mine worked a treat and ive now always got it to fault fine etc codes lists are easily avaliable on the net vw charge you @ £80 just to plug unit in......

Big John
01-09-2008, 05:23 PM
Hi denby87,

Seems cheap to me. What is the name etc. of the tool. I have seen on ebay vagcom cables which you connect to your laptop and to the car, but you have to down load the soft ware. I believe my Golf Plus march 2008 requires Hex Con. Please advise.

Issac Hunt
01-09-2008, 05:55 PM
Golf needs a CAN cable, the ebay cheapo leads wont work on an 08 Golf. You need the real thing from rosstech.com.

Easier and cheaper method is to find a memeber near to you who has VAG-COM and would reset it for free. I would if you are in Hampshire.

denby87
01-09-2008, 07:42 PM
sorry model of car not stated ..yep ya need the vag com unit for 2004 onwards ya can still get the cable and software and do it yourself itll cost ya @£90 for a reset unit still not a bad investment you can always rent it out etc to get ya cash back.