PDA

View Full Version : Comma Xstream coolant (OAT)?

James99
22-08-2008, 04:48 PM
I have some comma Xstream coolant left over from my previous car. It says it is approved for Audi, but is this the right stuff for my A4 1.9 TDI? I think it is the same colour.

Is the audi engine head aluminium?

Thanks

REMO
23-08-2008, 11:29 PM
I have some comma Xstream coolant left over from my previous car. It says it is approved for Audi, but is this the right stuff for my A4 1.9 TDI? I think it is the same colour.

Is the audi engine head aluminium?

Thanks
yes it is aluminium, id only use audi anti freeze, tell audi the year of your car for correct colour, topped up with distiled water, dont forget to flush the system shouldnt mix different anti freezes.

olds_kool
24-08-2008, 12:41 AM
dont mix red g12 coolant (used in later b5's) with blue coolant they can turn to gel and wreck cooling system, what colour is the comma stuff?

James99
25-08-2008, 12:06 AM
dont mix red g12 coolant (used in later b5's) with blue coolant they can turn to gel and wreck cooling system, what colour is the comma stuff?

The coolant in my car is red (the car has only been to dealers so I think this should be correct) and the Comma coolant is the same colour (or perhaps slightly more orange). I am doing a complete change.

Cheers

rhencullen1989
26-08-2008, 09:35 PM
Yeah, as above, only use the Audi G12+ coolant and mix 50/50 with de-ionised water. Its not worth the risk mixing unknown coolants as they can form a gel like substance and block waterways leading to overheating and possible engine damage. If you are not sure whats in yours its best to top up with water and do a complete flush/change before winter sets in.:approve: