PDA

View Full Version : Tiguan Interior dimensions

kmcleod
22-08-2008, 11:51 AM
Hi,

I'm thinking of getting a Tiguan, specifically the 2.0litre SE TDI model, but I can't find anything on the interior sizes.

Been for a test drive and have to say it handled very well, and was a lot quieter than I had expected, but forgot the tape measure.

Currently have a Volvo V50, and I know there will be some difference, but what concerns me most is that the boot looks a lot narrower.

Can anyone help with some sizes ?

Thanks

daveatsaughall
16-09-2008, 11:32 PM
I have to say that the boot size is one of the few things that disappoints me about the Tiguan, in that it could benefit from being about 15% larger in my view for the size of vehicle. One positive however is that the rear seats move to and fro to provide extra space. This gives between 82 & 99 cm with the seats up and 78cm in height with 100cm in width. With the rear seats down however it has class leading length. Its a shame therefore that VW haven't designed a better parcel shelf, which is a completely stupid shape to be managed within the vehicle - the Toureg folds and can be laid on the floor for example.

However I notice that you've been driving a Volvo and virtually everything is better than their image - are they still providing a coloured keyed trilby as standard?:D