PDA

View Full Version : dashboard beep

k109
22-08-2008, 11:39 AM
hi my VAG car has a faulty fuel gauge warning. its constantly beeping as it thinks its low on fuel (it isnt) is there ANY way i can get the beep to stop?!

if it involves breaking something permanently then im happy to do it.

im scrapping the car soon and im not spending anymore money on it,. i just need a temporary solution to stop this painfully annoying beep every 2 seconds.

i dont think there is a fuse so what if i stab a screwdriver through the warning light (when the light comes on it beeps) will this stop it?

or are there any way round it?

thanks for any suggestions

Dudey Head
22-08-2008, 06:32 PM
i dont think there is a fuse so what if i stab a screwdriver through the warning light (when the light comes on it beeps) will this stop it?

Hell! Extreme car mending! :D
Sorry, don't know the answer, but if you do stab it post a pic! May as well have a laugh out of it if nothing else. ;)

BDT
24-08-2008, 02:04 AM
so what if i stab a screwdriver through the warning light (when the light comes on it beeps) will this stop it?

PMSL..........

*the tears are rolling down my face here*

Sorry, i dont know the fix to this either, but i would try and find out where the sound is coming from.....

However please post the pictures of the screwdriver inserted into the warning light, as i really need cheering up.... :biglaugh: