PDA

View Full Version : Audi 1.8t Whats The Best Mods

scooby
25-01-2007, 05:23 PM
Hi
Right first of all i am new to this site you might of seem my hello im a newbie thread.
Like i said in the first post i am a scooby owner and will also be picking up a audi a3 1.8t my00,next wednesday and i need some kind of help with getting the car to 200bhp,the reason i will have two motors is the scooby will be kept for summer time driving,and the audi for day to day driving,but want to get around 200 bhp out of it.these are some of the mod's lined up for it

Full de-cat 20-30 bhp
full Re-map (Have read a good re-map you can get it to 200bhp)
Good panel filter 5bhp
dump valve (No gain but like the ptsssh sound lol)

Later on
Bigger turbo
Bigger front mount intercooler

devonutopia
25-01-2007, 07:15 PM
Full de-cat 20-30 bhp - Ummm NO. Not a chance. Not saying it's a good mod, but more likely to get 5-10bhp (might get 20-30 on a WRX ;))

full Re-map (Have read a good re-map you can get it to 200bhp) Definitely. Should be able to take the 150 1.8t motor to 200bhp without any other mods. Jabbasport are damn good for this (my tuner)

Good panel filter 5bhp. Well, 5bhp is debateable. I would say it will be +1bhp, but will be a good thing to have for the custom remap.

dump valve (No gain but like the ptsssh sound lol) Tart! :D My diesel turbo makes nice wooshy noises and I love it.

I notice you mentioned going for bigger stuff later. Worth looking at Jabbasport IHI turbo kits. An extra mod I would consider if wanting reliable solid power is a front mount intercooler. Sure you know all about those from the scoob?

curiousgeorge
02-02-2007, 06:26 PM
I take it this will severely reduce fuel efficiency?

clum
03-02-2007, 11:01 AM
I wanted to "chip" or remap the ecu as i understand the motor can take 180bhp without too much fuel economy shift, and minimum of issues, where would the best place to get the necessary for this ... ? can this be done with vag-com... yes, i know nothing ! is a chip replacement the best option? i'll watch this one closely.
good luck with the upgrades scooby:D