PDA

View Full Version : stalling 1991 passat

snubber
13-07-2005, 07:45 PM
:( my 1991 passat starts right up and idles real rough so bad to the point it stalls.
Now I realized that if i disconnect the differential pressure regulator it idles and runs great but it becomes hard to start. with dpr plugged starts fine wont idle. DPR checks out good on the ohm meter 15-20. Any Ideas? No garage in my area is willing to fix problem. Thats what I get for living in a small town in Canada.

stuart
13-07-2005, 07:57 PM
:( my 1991 passat starts right up and idles real rough so bad to the point it stalls.
Now I realized that if i disconnect the differential pressure regulator it idles and runs great but it becomes hard to start. with dpr plugged starts fine wont idle. DPR checks out good on the ohm meter 15-20. Any Ideas? No garage in my area is willing to fix problem. Thats what I get for living in a small town in Canada.

Hi, Thanks for joining the site :)

If you can give me some more details of the car, such as Engine size, and if possible the engine number, I can speak to a couple of Volkswagen Garages I know here in the UK, and see if they can offer any advise.

I can do this tomorrow, and post on here as soon as I can find anything.

Thanks

Stuart

stuart
15-07-2005, 05:43 AM
Hi

Not found anything of any real help I don't think, my contact said that unless someone looks at trhe vehicle who knows about Volkswagen, then it is difficult to advise what is wrong.

We seem to think that the unit you are refering to is what we call the idle control valve in the UK, so the only thing he can suggest, is maybe the valve needs cleaning inside using Carburetter cleaner and see if that cures the problem.

Sorry I cannot be of any more help

Stuart