PDA

View Full Version : Single to Twin Pipe Conversion?

Woorlord
20-08-2008, 10:26 PM
Normally trawl the A4-B6 forums but I have been asked by a mate to investigate if possible to replace his 180bhp TT-8N single pipe exhaust with a twin pipe version?

Is it a simple case of changing the backbox - and of course the bumper lower spoiler, etc. or does it require a full exhaust replacement perhaps back from the CAT?

Can you point us in the right direction if already covered on previous threads.

bazzill
30-09-2008, 06:22 PM
i believe there is a guy on Ebay that does it. he goes from the very front including CAT so may be worth asking him?

Jakalus
24-03-2009, 10:46 AM
i know this is a rather old thread but was thinking about doing this conversion on my 180 tt

if you had any luck please post back, i don't want to go and buy myself a complete 225 exhaust system if it's just not going to work!!!! :aargh4:

Thanks in advance :beerchug:

kite
24-03-2009, 12:32 PM
i know this is a rather old thread but was thinking about doing this conversion on my 180 tt

if you had any luck please post back, i don't want to go and buy myself a complete 225 exhaust system if it's just not going to work!!!! :aargh4:

Thanks in advance :beerchug:
Have a look on the TT forum.
You can sometimes find exhausts for sale on there.
I have a Denim Blue twin exit rear valance if its any good.

Jakalus
25-03-2009, 10:00 AM
cheers mate, i'll go have a look :D

thanks for the valance too but i'm afraid mine's silver, would definately look different with a dash of blue on it haha but i think i'd go for a black honeycomb one they look pretty smart

thanks again