PDA

View Full Version : Attention blown turbo

tdiphill
20-08-2008, 08:36 PM
Hi here is my first post I have just bought an 05 a4 20 tdi s line with 59k on it from ashbrow garage huddersfield unfortunatly the turbo failed after 380 miles bad luck or what I have to deal with the insurance backed warrantee people :zx11: and it is the most irritating process you can imagine , south hereford audi have a new turbo on the shelf and have it fixed in two days but the warrantee company want to send the old turbo to turbo technics so they can tell us that the turbo has failed aparintly audi main dealers are not qualififed to do this so I have to wait for this also they will only pay £50 per hour and south hereford charge £88 per hour so ashbrow who have not been helpfull will be getting the bill for the rest I will let you all know how I get on

a8 tech
20-08-2008, 08:59 PM
I bought my car from ashbrow and i found this family run business great and very cheap as they buy there cars in from the local audi dealers.

tdiphill
15-09-2008, 09:32 PM
well got my car back after two weeks the warrantee company draged there feet as expected ( TWG sevices ltd ) the turbo had to be removed and sent away to turbo technics for examination and as every one said turbo blown what a suprise then the report was sent to the address that was on all there documents but they moved address 12 month ago and didn't tell any one finaly tracked down the buggers and guss what the dont want to pay out no suprise there aparently carbon build up caused the failure and that is the excuse not to pay out I am now taking legal advice I will let you now how i get on I have had to pay out a grand to get my car back .

I have faxed the invoice and the letter from twg through to ashbrow garage and phoned them to ask what they are going to do about compensating me they said they will get back to me I am still waiting for them to call funny that as they are such a good bunch and all that ? so as things stand I am down £1000 and no one wants to talk to me exept trading standards so if you are buying a car from the garage and they say we will give you one of these warrantee's tell them not to bother and just knock the money off the car

PS the car is now going great lots of oil over the back but that is expected as most of the contents of the sump ended up in there

Red Avant
18-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Ashbrow garage. They sound like a right bunch of knobjockeys!:D

tdiphill
21-09-2008, 06:56 PM
funny it's been a week and I have not had a reply from ashbrow so looks like leagal action to get my money back I could do without the S**t :zx11: any way just been away for the weekend in the car its a fantastic bit of kit every cloud has a silver lineing

euroslap
21-09-2008, 08:09 PM
I bought A Kawasaki ZX7R from a dealership in Derby that claimed the bike had been serviced by them a insisted that the bike was sold with a warranty even though I didn't want it for the extra compulsary fee. Turns out I had trouble with the Carburettors and they didn't want to know. When it came to me fixing the problem I took the top of the air box and it had a K&N filter that had been turned upside down so it looked clean (filthy and I do mean filthy side into the carbs) and when I had the plugs out they obviously hadn't been changed in ages either.
IMO some of these deal/********hips can't be trusted as far as you can throw them. :zx11:

toff
28-09-2008, 01:35 PM
I bought my 55 plate A4 from an Audi dealership under the "Used Approved" scheme.

Shortly after I picked it up, I went to change my air filter for a K&N unit. The air box had a dirty filter and was half full with leaves, grit and several cigarette ends!

The *********** were supposed to have serviced the car before I picked it up. It makes me wonder what else they neglected to do!

I agree with euroslap you genuinely can't trust the dealerships. The service you get is only as good as the conscience of the person you're dealing with; this applies whether it's an Audi dealership or back-street garage.

Audi_Convert
29-09-2008, 01:11 AM
I agree with euroslap you genuinely can't trust the dealerships. The service you get is only as good as the conscience of the person you're dealing with; this applies whether it's an Audi dealership or back-street garage.

Same here. 55 plate, went in for its 1st service from a NON audi dealership.

Showed me the air filter. Clogged with so much dirt, leaves, small sweet wrappers etc. Said Audi can't have changed it. In too bad a nick