PDA

View Full Version : MK6 - Real spyshots

ashadam
18-08-2008, 10:36 PM
I found these on another site

01V5
01-09-2008, 01:00 PM
Seems strange that they would have it out and just sitting there for the whole world to see.... But who cares - I like it!

Crasher
01-09-2008, 01:33 PM
Why try to hide it when it is on the VW Germany website, you can even configure it. Better looking than the Golf 5.

http://www.volkswagen.de/vwcms_publish/vwcms/master_public/virtualmaster/de3/modelle/golf_6.html

Mattlead
02-09-2008, 09:26 AM
Yea, the looks are definately better, similar, but tweaked. Any ideas on the release dates?

Crasher
02-09-2008, 11:01 AM
UK, January 09.

Mattlead
02-09-2008, 06:13 PM
Cool, i'm looking into a mk 5 soon so probably too far away for me.

01V5
11-09-2008, 01:11 AM
Hmmm I didn't realise that it only had one reverse light...
I would much rather have two.. But beggars can't be choosers!

Red 2
11-09-2008, 06:34 AM
It is unmistakably a tweaked mk 5, especially from the front. I believe the interior is however much improved which would attract me after three consecutive Mk 5 Golfs in the family..

My wife's Golf is up for replacement in 18 months but, and this must be a worry for VW strategists, she is already saying it looks too similar to the Mk 5 and she doesn't fancy another 3 years of 'the same thing with a mild facelift'. Not radical enough to justify the new generation label..in fact, is this not the first new Golf that isn't completely new?

Might be 'Golf/VW-less' after 15 years of always having one.:(

01V5
11-09-2008, 03:03 PM
It is unmistakably a tweaked mk 5, especially from the front. I believe the interior is however much improved which would attract me after three consecutive Mk 5 Golfs in the family..

My wife's Golf is up for replacement in 18 months but, and this must be a worry for VW strategists, she is already saying it looks too similar to the Mk 5 and she doesn't fancy another 3 years of 'the same thing with a mild facelift'. Not radical enough to justify the new generation label..in fact, is this not the first new Golf that isn't completely new?

Simple... Go the Passat CC.

I could defs see me driving around in one of them... even at 18.

ashadam
11-09-2008, 05:08 PM
Simple... Go the Passat CC.

I could defs see me driving around in one of them... even at 18.

Mate act your age that is way to old for an 18 year old, why dont you get a Prius :aargh4:

Crasher
11-09-2008, 08:38 PM

No, the Golf 3 was very much a Golf 2 underneath. I think the Golf 6 looks very different to the 5 but wait until you see the two side by side in the flesh, either that or buy a Scirocco.

01V5
14-09-2008, 11:01 AM
Mate act your age that is way to old for an 18 year old, why dont you get a Prius :aargh4:

You reckon? I'd love a CC, lowered and some nice rims. Just to be different I guess.

It's either that or do what all the other 18-19 year olds are doing and go out and buy a BA Falcon with some ****** little chromes on them... and I know what i'd choose.

ashadam
15-09-2008, 02:45 PM
You reckon? I'd love a CC, lowered and some nice rims. Just to be different I guess.

It's either that or do what all the other 18-19 year olds are doing and go out and buy a BA Falcon with some ****** little chromes on them... and I know what i'd choose.

You need help :1zhelp:

What the hell is a BA Falcon?

bora(ing) nick
15-09-2008, 02:56 PM
You need help :1zhelp:

What the hell is a BA Falcon?

O1V5 is Austrailian, and if you google it you will find out.

We've spoken before... you have a Bora 2.3 V5 don'y you??? Lucky git at 18...

My insurance renewal has just come through for my diesel PD100 Bora... £1532 IIRC... :(

01V5
17-09-2008, 02:33 PM
O1V5 is Austrailian, and if you google it you will find out.

We've spoken before... you have a Bora 2.3 V5 don'y you??? Lucky git at 18...

My insurance renewal has just come through for my diesel PD100 Bora... £1532 IIRC... :(

I think we have spoken before... Yep, I'm Australian. And it's a common site to see people my age in large family (VY Commodores and BA Falcon XT's are the big thing at the moment) cars with chrome wheels. People like this "think" they're cool. That's why I like a little diversity in what I drive.

So £1532 is alot? I'm not really sure about insurance prices in the UK but here mine is about $1,200 AUD (about £530).. A bit of a difference there....

bora(ing) nick
17-09-2008, 02:41 PM
I think we have spoken before...

So £1532 is alot? I'm not really sure about insurance prices in the UK but here mine is about $1,200 AUD (about £530).. A bit of a difference there....

well, let me put it this way.... For me to insure a V5 bora, 2.3i, it'd cost £2900, ($6,500 USD approx) and i'm 4 years older than you.

Insurance is a complete rip off for young drivers in the uk... especially if you live in an area with a higher crime rate like Manchester.

:beerchug:

01V5
17-09-2008, 03:00 PM
well, let me put it this way.... For me to insure a V5 bora, 2.3i, it'd cost £2900, ($6,500 USD approx) and i'm 4 years older than you.

Insurance is a complete rip off for young drivers in the uk... especially if you live in an area with a higher crime rate like Manchester.

:beerchug:

Get screwed! That's rediculous. Insurance companies are criminals anywhere you go. If I had an accident right now, I'd have to pay almost $3,000 worth of excess only to be covered. I'm better off replacing the part without making a claim! Makes you wonder if it's even worth having insurance....

aaronon
11-11-2008, 08:07 PM
I think it's one of the ugliest golfs yet :(

BVF
18-11-2008, 09:18 PM
I was in Berlin about 2 weeks ago and sat in one in the showroom there. they are very nice. Its a bit of a squared and chiselled mark 5 I think. Lots of angles. Oh, they've done away with the blue/red dash illumination. Its white dials now I'm afraid. I quite like the blue.:(

ryancooke
11-12-2008, 12:21 AM
got one in our work at the moment, and i think its damn ugly, mk5 is much better, glad i got a scirocco rather than this

onemanparty
19-01-2009, 09:21 PM
I've seen 2 MK6 Golf's today. But I was driving near VAG Head Office!