PDA

View Full Version : Audi 80 Immobiliser

Shams
24-01-2007, 11:09 PM
I have a 1995 Audi 80 Avant. The car had been stood on the drive for about a week and the battery had run down. When I tried to jump start it, the engine is refusing to turnover and the side lights are flashing.

I have no idea how to reset the system, have tried disengaging the battery for a few days and then trying again, but still getting the same problem, please advise...

auiron
25-01-2007, 12:23 AM
I have a 1995 Audi 80 Avant. The car had been stood on the drive for about a week and the battery had run down. When I tried to jump start it, the engine is refusing to turnover and the side lights are flashing.

I have no idea how to reset the system, have tried disengaging the battery for a few days and then trying again, but still getting the same problem, please advise...

It could, of course, be several things. One, could be, that you need to reset the cars ECM/ECU.
Turn your key to the accessory position (ACC).
Disconnect the battery POSITIVE terminal.
Wait about 1 minute,
Tap the positive terminal 3 times and then reconnect to the terminal.
The ECU/ECM is now reset.

Sam
25-01-2007, 10:50 AM
Thread moved to correct section.

From "For Sale" to "Audi 80"

Marc97
26-01-2007, 07:29 PM
Have you tried the simple solution?
Charge battery, reconnect, lock the car with the key then unlock it (or lock then unlock until you hear the horn 'beep' once when you lock), also turn off the lights if the sidelights are flashing. This should switch off the alarm/immobiliser.

I don't think the A80 was all that technical ECU wise, only the later engines seemed to store fault codes forever.

Tap the positive terminal 3 times and then reconnect to the terminal.

Is this some sort of initiation ceremony? Why tap the positive terminal 3 times????

Shams
28-01-2007, 01:13 PM
Thank you, I do appreciate all of your suggestions, have tried these, but for some reason still getting no joy...

Does anyone know how to disable the thing ?

the reaper
11-02-2007, 03:36 PM
hi, you need to find the alarm siren which should have a key switch on it to turn off the alarm and imobbiliser, turn off, reconnect the battery then turn back on and it will reset, i had the same problem when i bought my audi 80 because it was left standing for a wile and the battery was flat, i found my alarm siren under the bonnet, it is located to the right side under the expansion tank, hope that helps, neil

hi2bee
13-01-2009, 01:55 PM
Hi i too am having trouble with immobiliser? I have an Audi 80 V6 2.6E I have tried all in this thread? But still getting no joy:1zhelp:. Any ideas would be very much appreciated.