PDA

View Full Version : Question Possibly buying 53 plate 225 Cupra R

SEMKY
18-08-2008, 06:56 PM
Hi All,

I am potentially replacing my S3 very soon with a Cupra R 225 for various reasons (4 doors mainly but something newer will be nice too),
Anyway, the one I am looking at tomorrow is at 32k miles.

Is there anything I should be looking at specifically? Any known common faults, nice to haves, avoids etc etc
Any responses would be greatly appreciated, as I may well sign on the dotted line tomorrow!:D:beerchug:

Cheers in advance!!

James

BigBear1
21-08-2008, 07:15 PM
Hi just read your thread about a Cupra R. Spent 6 years in a SEAT dealership. Can't think of any common mechanical problems. All Leons suffer with bad water leaks through the doors & bulkhead. Try to find out from your local dealer if this was done under warranty. If not this could cost you around £100 per door to get this fixed (approx dealer price). Also check condition of front brake pads & discs. Depending on driving style only last approx 20000 miles. Expensive to replace. If both pads & discs need replacing approx cost £600 inc labour. Be careful. If these have been done, happy driving. They're a great car.

K1kid
09-09-2008, 08:26 PM
Hi All,

I am potentially replacing my S3 very soon with a Cupra R 225 for various reasons (4 doors mainly but something newer will be nice too),
Anyway, the one I am looking at tomorrow is at 32k miles.

Is there anything I should be looking at specifically? Any known common faults, nice to haves, avoids etc etc
Any responses would be greatly appreciated, as I may well sign on the dotted line tomorrow!:D:beerchug:

Cheers in advance!!

James

Had an LCR for 4 years, just replaced with a K1 Cupra. Never suffered from water leaks, as said the discs do wear after a while but i got 35k out of mine running a tuned motor. One of the best cars i,ve owned and suprisingly quick.

sootyscottie
10-09-2008, 08:00 PM
cant go wrong with a lcr. My last car was one, and when remapped, and amazing quick!

Look great aswell.

I dont think there is anything else to look out for that hasnt been mentioned already!

You wont regret buying one:)

VAGSTER
05-10-2008, 08:06 PM
I currently have an LCR remaped to 270ish BHP and it's never missed a beat!! In fact under the SEAT badge it's a VAG. so would potentially suffer from similar problems to the S3 and other 1.8T platform cars. I have to sell mine due to needing a diesel but I'm sure going to miss the extra torque on the motorway!! Can't fault the LCR to be honest. practical and exciting!!