PDA

View Full Version : Little help!!

gresty
24-01-2007, 08:02 PM
I could use a little help....................where and how can I get hold of vag-com software for my laptop? :confused:

Eshrules
24-01-2007, 08:12 PM
I could use a little help....................where and how can I get hold of vag-com software for my laptop? :confused:

you can go to www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/download/

there are 'illegal' copies of the vag com software cracked on various torrent sites and for obvious reasons i would have to advise you against downloading anything like that...but its a free world

you'll also need the lead to connect your laptop to your car, these are on eBay all the time, pay no more than £20

tyler
24-01-2007, 09:54 PM
Excuse my ignorance but I'm also interested in this but wouldn't know where to start! Can get hold of a cable and program, but where does it plug into the car computer? I have 52 plate Passat

MalcQV
25-01-2007, 09:06 AM
you can go to www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/download/ (http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/download/)

there are 'illegal' copies of the vag com software cracked on various torrent sites and for obvious reasons i would have to advise you against downloading anything like that...but its a free world

you'll also need the lead to connect your laptop to your car, these are on eBay all the time, pay no more than £20

Thanks for the link. Have a 12 month warranty on mine from VW, but will eventually need the use of such equipment. :beerchug:

Eshrules
25-01-2007, 09:35 AM
Excuse my ignorance but I'm also interested in this but wouldn't know where to start! Can get hold of a cable and program, but where does it plug into the car computer? I have 52 plate Passat

ill consult autodata on the location of your OBD port before i advise you wrongly LOL, unless someone on here can help you in the meantime... :beerchug:

gresty
25-01-2007, 10:25 PM
Cheers fellas!!!!!!!!

Lex Luthor
25-01-2007, 10:39 PM
In the panel above the pedals.

devonutopia
26-01-2007, 12:27 AM
This is a link to ross-tech and where all OBD2 plugs are located in cars

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/dlc.html