PDA

View Full Version : AUDI A4 HEATER

martinh
24-01-2007, 06:21 PM
hi all,
i bought a audi a4 on a p plate (96/97?) a few months ago, i went to use the heater to get nothing but cold air, checked the switch was turned to heat but nothing but cold air came blowing out. does anyone have any suggestions on what to check before i go to a garage and get laid with a monster bill. just what you need in dec/jan??:confused

Dave Avant
25-01-2007, 11:20 AM
Depends on the heater unit type, digital climate or manual knobs?

Both operate levers and flaps to direct and control the temp of the entering air. I'm not 100% with the Audis, but alot of cars will have a valve to let hot water from the engine through the heater matrix and also a flap to block cold air. Maybe a cable has broke or become stuck.

With ignition on and its quiet, try adjusting the temp, sometimes you can hear the levers moving.

martinh
25-01-2007, 04:07 PM
its manual knobs, when i adjust the heater temp on the dial i can hear an audible change in the air coming out but its just as cold if not colder and have just noticed the re cycle air button don't work!!!!:aargh4:

martinh
25-01-2007, 04:08 PM
better off getting a taxi each day least it will be warm

Dave Avant
25-01-2007, 04:11 PM
its manual knobs, when i adjust the heater temp on the dial i can hear an audible change in the air coming out but its just as cold if not colder and have just noticed the re cycle air button don't work!!!!:aargh4:

The audible change may mean the flap is working, maybe its the valve at fault.

Sorry can't help much further without seeing it or owning the same car.

martinh
25-01-2007, 04:12 PM
The audible change may mean the flap is working, maybe its the valve at fault.

Sorry can't help much further without seeing it or owning the same car.

fair one, thanks for the advice.:Blush: