PDA

View Full Version : Niggles

Samurai1466
17-08-2008, 12:12 PM
Overall I'm happy with my S-Line having now owned it for over two months. However, I've discovered two niggles.

1/ The silver facia plate around the air vent on the dash at the driver's side makes vibrating noises, I took it to the dealer who placed some felt behind it but it still makes the annoying noise from time to time. Although the silver facia looks nice, it's not much use at keeping quiet on rough roads!

2/ Every now and again the air fan makes a strange high pitched noise and disappears.

Anyone else had similar niggles?

satsu
17-08-2008, 10:41 PM
Only had mine for just over a fortnight but very happy so far.

I've also noticed the noises made by the air flow from the fan, especially when some of the vents are partly closed. Not major, but mildly irritating when (as I think somebody else recently posted) I've found I need to fiddle with the vents a bit to get comfy - in my previous car (Volvo V50) I just stuck the climate control on Auto and never had to change anything.

SportyB8
18-08-2008, 09:15 AM
I too get the odd rattle, but I found that it's coming from the middle dash speaker cover, going to get Audi to sort next time I drop into the dealer.

Never had the fan thing though!

JohnH99
18-08-2008, 11:31 AM
I have a rattle that appears to be coming from within the passenger door. It varies according to the bass frequency from the sound system or the road surface. Plus there is the sagging / worn leather as discussed in another thread and I've just noticed that the drivers head restraint is damaged. Not too impressed with a supposed "premium" brand. My dealer has been pretty good though and the car is booked in for 2 days at the end of the month to sort these problems out.

Satch
18-08-2008, 05:46 PM
Mine doesn't have LED DRL's.:zx11:

mkc
18-08-2008, 07:14 PM
Mine hasnt arrived!:zx11:

Red 2
18-08-2008, 07:19 PM
Two warranty faults. Driver's door keeper needed adjusting to allow it to close more easily and central armrest lock didn't work.

All sorted quickly except the replacement armrest creaks!

Another armrest on its way!:biglaugh:

Samurai1466
19-08-2008, 12:59 AM
Good to hear that others have experienced creaking noises, unexpected air vent noises, vibrations, etc, as I thought I was going crazy imagining things. I gave the side console of the middle air vent a good hit with a hammer blow (my fist - not a hammer!) and that seems to have cured the noise from the fan. Something must've been rubbing in the central air fan. Crazy action I know, but hey - tough love! LOL As for the noise from the driver's side air vent silver facia, I took it off and placed some blu-tack behind the facia, it seems to have done the trick.

The S-Line brushed silver facias look nice but Audi have created various irritating noises with introducing the facings and fixings in their new A4. Pity they didn't look at that before it was approved for production. That's my only niggle with the car. Apart from that it's GREAT!
:beerchug:

HighwayTG
19-08-2008, 05:03 PM
I have a prroblem with the armrest ... it takes a number of attempts of moving it up and down before it locks into position.

Red 2
19-08-2008, 09:25 PM
I have a prroblem with the armrest ... it takes a number of attempts of moving it up and down before it locks into position.

I got a new one under warranty.

2.7 S-line
20-08-2008, 02:09 PM
the drivers door on my car often doesn't close properly unless shut quite assertively !

only a loan car so can't be bothered to take it in to get it adjusted - counting the seconds now until 1st Sept

also the remote opening boot can scare the cr*p out of me when i forget it opens with a kick like a mule , usually much to the amusement of the other customers in the local tesco's car park , could be a bit better damped...

RichardCranium
21-08-2008, 12:57 PM
My dirvers seat lumber support moves and creaks when i move about in the seat

Red 2
21-08-2008, 07:09 PM
the drivers door on my car often doesn't close properly unless shut quite assertively !

only a loan car so can't be bothered to take it in to get it adjusted - counting the seconds now until 1st Sept

also the remote opening boot can scare the cr*p out of me when i forget it opens with a kick like a mule , usually much to the amusement of the other customers in the local tesco's car park , could be a bit better damped...

Drivers door an easy dealer fix and makes such a difference to the perceived quality.:)