PDA

View Full Version : New A4 owner

jonp8
16-08-2008, 01:45 PM
Hi
just bought my 1st Audi last week. Its a 2.5TDI 163 Sport. It has quite a few factory options fitted eg bose system, Body Kit, leather etc. Only disappointing thing is that it only has a single CD player, so I'll probably fit an ipod kit as it gets a bit boring listening to 1 CD.
I managed to hit a hidden tree stump in it this week ( haven't had a bump for 15+ years) so I'm going to have to spend £300 to get the door fixed and sprayed. One bodyshop quoted me £1000+ for the same job, the labour was more than the cost of the parts! Needless to say I wont be going there again.
Its a great car to drive and very different to my old 5 series BMW. Hopefully I won't get anymore nasty surprises.

Cheers
Jon
:cool:

paul b
16-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Welcome to the forum, Jon. ;) Best of luck with your new car. :beerchug:

Go on, admit it, the Audi is nicer ! :p

Paul

STEWY L
16-08-2008, 02:55 PM
welcome to the forum Jon. hope you have better luck with your audi after it's fixed.
are you sure it was a tree?
it wouldn't have been the air freshener dangling from the rear view mirror by any chance?
cheap joke,and not a very good one,
regards,
stewy.

jonp8
17-08-2008, 09:34 PM
Thanks for the welcome
I'm getting used to driving the car now. i started driving it like the BMW taking it very easy on sharp bends and roundabouts. With the sports suspension i've found it handles much sharper. It's a lot better on the fuel than the BMW even though it was a 530d and the loss in BHP is not so noticible. The build quality is better than a BMW it is very similar to my old 94 E class merc, it just feels solid!

Cheers again
Jon:beerchug:

paul b
17-08-2008, 09:38 PM
The Sport suspension is a bit of a bone shaker isn't it ? Mine is too, but it is rewarding on the twisty country roads.

So... have you been successfully converted to Audi from BMW ?

Paul

jonp8
17-08-2008, 10:13 PM
The Sport suspension is a bit of a bone shaker isn't it ? Mine is too, but it is rewarding on the twisty country roads.

So... have you been successfully converted to Audi from BMW ?

Paul
It does jar the teeth a bit! I find I have to watch it a bit on the old sleeping policemen otherwise the underside bangs a bit. I'm slowly being converted over, I'm going to decode the options in a moment to find out what was fitted. I was told that it was a main dealer demo car and that the colour was rare? It is down as beige in the logbook but it is more of a metalic champagne colour. When I was picking it up the guy from Auto Trader was there and told me he had not seen one the same colour before. I might post a picture when It comes back from the body shop.

Jon

paul b
17-08-2008, 10:46 PM
It does jar the teeth a bit! I find I have to watch it a bit on the old sleeping policemen otherwise the underside bangs a bit. I'm slowly being converted over, I'm going to decode the options in a moment to find out what was fitted. I was told that it was a main dealer demo car and that the colour was rare? It is down as beige in the logbook but it is more of a metalic champagne colour. When I was picking it up the guy from Auto Trader was there and told me he had not seen one the same colour before. I might post a picture when It comes back from the body shop.

Jon

I know the colour I got was rare, it was one of the RS6 colours as it is one of the facelifted Sport models. I did the option decode as well, and I was surprised at what were options and what were not. It's a handy tool.

Paul

jonp8
26-09-2008, 11:17 PM
Got the car back from the bodyshop - they did a great job on the car can't tell it has ever been bent! Drove it down to Manchester and it went really well really pleased with the car now. I've been over to Las Vegas so not had time to reply. Only downside was when I picked the car up the brake wear indicator lit up. Have bought some new pads and am going to fit them this week when I get time. I helps when you have a future son in law in the motor trade who can get hold of the proper audi brake service tools. Also have received my xcarlink for my ipod so I'll fit it tommorrow, seems straight forward enough
Cheers
Jon

m40mfa
27-09-2008, 07:00 AM
so glad to hear u ditched the bmw for the audi so much classier!!!!! ;-)

Golf_TDI
27-09-2008, 08:43 AM
Whats everyones vendetta against BMW here? They are brilliant cars and drive very well..

The A4 is a exceptional car too, I wanted to get one of those but settled for a Golf instead, its easier to park a hatchback I think :)

paul b
27-09-2008, 06:15 PM
Whats everyones vendetta against BMW here? They are brilliant cars and drive very well..

The A4 is a exceptional car too, I wanted to get one of those but settled for a Golf instead, its easier to park a hatchback I think :)
I've just replied to you in another thread about BMW drivers.

The best thing I can say about them is rear wheel drive. And it ends there. :biglaugh:

Paul