PDA

View Full Version : does anyone know what this is????

bodyart99uk
16-08-2008, 01:08 PM
Hi Guys,
i am looking to retrofit sat nav to my TT, and whilst i know Audi say it cant be done, i have collected all the parts, and have now located the wiring harness, the only missing part - but its in a german site, and has a couple of options to select the right cabe - one is do i have a bose soundsystem, well thats pretty straightforward, but the other is do i have "FSE (Freisprecheinrichtung) which roughly translates as Free Speech Mechanism.
what is a free speech mechanism and how do i know if i have it??? i dont think i have, there is no bluetooth or anything lake that

If any of you guys/gals can help it would be GREATLY appreciated, ive searched the internet and cant seem to come up with anything for FSE

cheers guys an gals

Stewart

kite
16-08-2008, 04:16 PM
I have no idea, but it might be something along the lines of the SDS....Speech Dialouge system (sp)
I have seen a RNS-e fitted in a Mk1 but I can't find it at the mo, think it was a dutch site.

bodyart99uk
17-08-2008, 10:21 AM
Thanks for that - but whats the speech dialoge system?
Yes I have seen the double din RNS-e fitted to a TT, but it involves a new cage to house it etc, loks quite smart, but was planning to fit the OE sat nav as i have the computer,switch and GPS a ntenna already, just missing the wiring harness

here is the website incase anyone is interested, they seem to do some useful bits....

http://www.kunset.de/

kite
17-08-2008, 11:19 AM
SDS.. is on RNS-e, its a way of controlling the system with voice.