PDA

View Full Version : passat CC: RCD 510

bubbles61999
15-08-2008, 09:05 AM
hi all,

I am a novice so go easy on me!

Today i am about to collect my new passat CC, which i love BUT i am switching from a tiguan, which had a RCD 510 radio which i have a soft spot for, there is a

"Radio Rcd 310 With 8 Speakers, Mp3 Player Function And Single Cd Player" fitted, i have been thrawling the net for a RCD 510to buy but can't seem to find one.

so my questions to all you knowledgeable people are:

1. i believe there is an option to buy a RCD 510 for the car, so am i right in thinking there would be a virtually seamless transition if i were to buy an after sale unit and have it fitted, with hardly any fiddling?

2. where can i buy one? would it be even worth my while asking the dealer to get one, and if so, how much could i expect to pay?

Thanks all, and ta even more for the patience!

iroc
17-08-2008, 09:06 PM
RCD 510 is standard equipment in the cc as far as I am aware

bubbles61999
17-08-2008, 10:20 PM
not here its not.. don't mean to be rude, but if it was a 510 surely i wouldn't have been asking the question??

ashadam
17-08-2008, 10:27 PM
not here its not.. don't mean to be rude, but if it was a 510 surely i wouldn't have been asking the question??

Hi mate are you not based in the UK because If you are then I'm afraid your wrong the RCD 510 is standard, If you visit VW website you can view standard spec of cc.

iroc
18-08-2008, 06:57 PM
Thanks ashadam, that was going to be a question I was going to ask.:beerchug:
I thought I had missed something in the standard spec

bubbles61999
20-08-2008, 01:46 PM
Hi mate are you not based in the UK because If you are then I'm afraid your wrong the RCD 510 is standard, If you visit VW website you can view standard spec of cc.

no. like i said, if i had the radio i wouldn't be asking how i could get it! :)

Please find standard spec list here as follows:

Servotronic Power SteeringDriver AirbagPassenger AirbagPassenger Airbag Deactivation SwitchSide Airbags, FrontCurtain Airbags, Front & RearIsofix Preparation For 2 Child Seats In The RearElectronic Stability Prog (esp/abs/edl/asr)Cruise Control'whiplash Optimised' Headrests, Front2 Rear Adjustable Head RestraintsFront & Rear 3 Point SeatbeltsWarning TriangleWarning Buzzer For Unfastened SeatbeltsRadio Rcd 310 With 8 Speakers, Mp3 Player Function And Single Cd PlayerBody Coloured Protection Strips In FrontColour Coded BumpersWhite Turn Signals Integrated Into Front BumperFront And Rear Fog LightsDoor Mirrors, Aspherical On Drivers Side (electrically Adjustable)Door Mirrors, Aspherical On Drivers Side (heated)Door Mirrors, Aspherical On Drivers Side (body Coloured With Integrated Led Indicator Repeaters)Remote Central Locking With Press & Drive System For Doors And BootAutomatic Boot OpeningProtective Film On Boot Door12v Socket In Front Middle Console And In BootHalogen Lights2 Zone Climatronic Air ConditioningElectric Windows With 1 Touch OperationOn Board Computer - Multifunction Display PlusTyre Pressure Monitoring System'coming Home' & 'leaving Home' LightsElectronic Parking BrakeElectronic Push Start ButtonIlluminated Vanity MirrorsHeight Adj Seats, Driver & PassengerElectrically Adjustable Drivers SeatSports Seat, FrontShelves In Front Doors For Water BottlesFront And Rear Floor MatsFront Centre Armrest With Storage Box And 2 Air Outlets In BackGlove Compartment Lockable With Interior Light And CoolingVienna Leather Seats, Alcantara TrimLeather Gearshift Knob / Grip3 Spoke Multifunction Steering Wheel And Aluminium Trim17" Phoenix Alloy WheelLight Alloy Spare WheelDecorative Inserts 'brushed Aliminium' On Door Handles, Mirror Adjustable Switch And Light Switches. Centre Console In 'brushed Aluminium'. Burr Walnut Dash.Spedometer, Trachometer And Trim OdometerAdjustable Instrument LightsChrome Fittings (grille & Vw Logo)Chrome Fittings (side Windows)Chrome Fittings (side Bump Strip)Chrome Fittings (rear Bump Strip)Storage Box With 2 Cup Holders And Cover Between Rear SeatsUndivided Rear Seats With Centre Armrest And Load Through Provision

ta..

iroc
20-08-2008, 07:16 PM
That's the trouble if people don't put their location on.

Anyway see attached link re one for sale. Don't know if it is a straight swap though.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-MFD3-DVD-RNS-NAV-RNS510-PASSAT,GOLF5,-NEW-JETTA,-EOS_W0QQitemZ290252779347QQcmdZViewItem?IMSfp=TL08 0813118a32208

bubbles61999
21-08-2008, 01:05 PM
thanks for the link iroc.

as regards my location i would have put it up but it was not required to ask my question, i didn't ask about what was standard on the car in my country i asked about sourcing a RCD 510, other posters turned it into a debate as to whether it came standard or not.

stangrenade
27-08-2008, 01:19 PM
I been looking for the same, still not bought, cos i like to be sure to be sure.

Nearly everyone ive spoke to on forum(s) assures me its a straight swap 'plug and play'.

UK dealers quote £800 +VAT !! - so i keep getting pointed in the direction of ebay.

Good luck.

mluton
27-08-2008, 08:08 PM
Please, Please , Please post pics up of your car when you get it.

tindas
21-09-2008, 06:20 PM
I been looking for the same, still not bought, cos i like to be sure to be sure.

Nearly everyone ive spoke to on forum(s) assures me its a straight swap 'plug and play'.

UK dealers quote £800 +VAT !! - so i keep getting pointed in the direction of ebay.

Good luck.

I have just taken delivery of my new Passat CC. I have had the RCD510 DAB head unit replaced with another Sat Nav head unit. Therefore I am selling this head unit. Please email me if you are interested.

iroc
21-09-2008, 06:54 PM
I have just taken delivery of my new Passat CC. I have had the RCD510 DAB head unit replaced with another Sat Nav head unit. Therefore I am selling this head unit. Please email me if you are interested.

I am thinking of swapping mine in my scirocco. Which one have you gone for??

stuart
21-09-2008, 07:20 PM
I have to agree, a location would have helped this from becoming a debate... UK cars do come with the 510 standard....

As we are a UK based site, how do the members know what is standard in other countries?

davoaj
06-10-2008, 09:47 PM
I'm looking to get hold of an RCD510, as I don't really need an RNS. If you still have yours Tindas, how much would are you looking to get for it?

Cheers

sunil1234
05-08-2010, 04:56 PM
the 510 is no longer standard in the UK?. I am about to order a CC GT and its got the 310 or something:confused:

thanks

cullinp
11-08-2010, 01:03 AM
Me too, ordered the GT CC which comes with the RNS 310 Sat Nav as standard kit now.

V much looking forward to it arriving in October!

rmccardal
10-09-2010, 04:28 PM
No Dynaudio now though :-(

cullinp
17-09-2010, 01:25 AM
Update: it appears the new 2011 models are coming with the 9W7 integrated Bluetooth.....which is nice.