PDA

View Full Version : Hello - new Audi owner

adowds
14-08-2008, 10:32 PM
Hey folks,

Just got my first Audi - an 02-plate A6 Avant 2.7T quattro Sport. Very pleased with it indeed, and I got it for a good price I think. It's in great nick, but I'm hoping to upgrade a few of the gadgets it's missing.

The old Scorpio Cosworth I had before was utterly loaded, and I miss my memory seats, dipping mirror, and the like. So I'm planning to trawl the breakers for flash bits at good prices...

Then I'm thinking about adding some power - from what I understand I have the same engine as the S4, which had a chunk more bhp. Trying to find out if I can add some of that without losing reliability (I probably know the answer to that already).

That's probably enough gassing for now.

Al

paul b
14-08-2008, 11:25 PM
Hey folks,

Just got my first Audi - an 02-plate A6 Avant 2.7T quattro Sport. Very pleased with it indeed, and I got it for a good price I think. It's in great nick, but I'm hoping to upgrade a few of the gadgets it's missing.

The old Scorpio Cosworth I had before was utterly loaded, and I miss my memory seats, dipping mirror, and the like. So I'm planning to trawl the breakers for flash bits at good prices...

Then I'm thinking about adding some power - from what I understand I have the same engine as the S4, which had a chunk more bhp. Trying to find out if I can add some of that without losing reliability (I probably know the answer to that already).

That's probably enough gassing for now.

Al
Welcome to the forum, Al !

These A6s are great cars... but then again I'm biased. :Blush2:

I've trawled through e-bay for bits for mine. An armrest, chrome mirrors, number plate surrounds, chrome tax disc holder, mudflaps and a boot lip spoiler.

I've pretty much gone as far as I can go though now, as I don't have the "Highline dash" as it is referred to. :(

I've not messed around with the engine, but I would get a re-map done if I could gather the money together. ;)

Paul