PDA

View Full Version : B6 Passatt Est Bypass relay wiring HELP

grayclose31
14-08-2008, 06:35 PM
Hi All,

This is my fist post and i hope that i can find some help to my problem.

I bought a bypass relay kit from P F Jones of Manchester today and i was told that i had to wire both the supply to the tail light AND the supply to the brake light to the RED wire on the relay.

I have done this but there seems to be a slight fault :- with the side/head lights on all seems ok when i depress the brake but, with the side/head lights off the side that i have tapped into lights both the brake and tail light when i just press the brake.

All other functions seem to work ok.

After looking at their web site the wiring diagram shows that i should use the black and brown wires for the tail lights and the red only for the stop lights, However the man in the shop said i did not need to use these.

The car is in bits and i am sat here in the garage totaly lost now.

Any help would be great.

Chris.:(

vwp06
16-08-2008, 09:51 AM
Hi do you still require assistance, If so can you confirm that the relay you are using is a TEB7AS

grayclose31
18-08-2008, 06:36 PM
It's OK all sorted now.

Thanks

tenko
12-03-2009, 08:06 PM
Hi,

I am about to do te same to my Passat CC using the same TEB7AS relay.

Can you tell me what you did to wire up the relay please ?

Thanks

Ben
12-03-2009, 08:21 PM
Instructions;)

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=61956&postcount=33

tenko
13-03-2009, 11:27 AM
Thanks for your vauable help Golfmk.

Just for anybody elses info. PF Jones supplies a detatchable Westfalia towbar 321546 (as supplied by VW) for the Passat CC variants for £178. The towball actually fits into the toolkit foam within the spare wheel hollow when memoved.

It really is the way to go. You then need to changeout the plastic trim on the bottom of the rear valence for the type with a removable door in it.
VW part V3C8807521B9B9 ensure you get the one for your car (2wheel drive/ 4 wheel drive).
Door part no V3C88073979B9. There are some screws and clips to order aswell, but I am sure you friendly VW parts dept will assist.

A really neat job and all can be done by the DIY'er.

Happy fitting..........