PDA

View Full Version : can anyone answer

artscot79
14-08-2008, 06:23 PM
recently my radiator hoses had lots of pressure in them when car was hot its a 1.9d so i bought a new pressure cap as the old one was ancient now when i check the hoses are soft is this correct should the hoses be soft or hard i seem to be getting conflicting answers temp fine heater blowing hot etc

Crasher
14-08-2008, 07:35 PM
It varies according to temperature, if all appears OK, stop worrying.

artscot79
14-08-2008, 08:21 PM
It varies according to temperature, if all appears OK, stop worrying.
doesnt seem to matter with mine today i drove for around three hours apart from the temp gauge being slightly past halfway it seemed fine but there was still no pressure in the hoses i was told it should be around 15psi and that the hoses should be brick hard i just dont want it to cause me any probs

Crasher
14-08-2008, 11:19 PM
15psi! That’s over 1 bar! I have had heater matrix’s blow on me when pressure testing at 1 bar, that is the pressure we use for leak testing. No they should not be rock hard, when the system gets very hot they will get harder, when it is running cooler, as diesels do, they can be quite soft, especially if you keep removing the cap to check. As I said, stop worrying!

artscot79
14-08-2008, 11:52 PM
15psi! That’s over 1 bar! I have had heater matrix’s blow on me when pressure testing at 1 bar, that is the pressure we use for leak testing. No they should not be rock hard, when the system gets very hot they will get harder, when it is running cooler, as diesels do, they can be quite soft, especially if you keep removing the cap to check. As I said, stop worrying!
thankyou for the help not meaning to worry just ploughed the last of my cash on buying it few weeks ago i had a punto before and the old analogy stands fix it again tomorrow lol thanks

Crasher
15-08-2008, 11:06 AM
An American once told me it was Fix It Again Tony.