PDA

View Full Version : Audi keys

archie01
23-01-2007, 07:25 PM
Hi everybody,new to the forum what a wealth of information,just bought a A3 tdi 130 sport 4 yrs old,great car but its only got one key,the one with the light in it and no remote buttons.Audi has quoted a fortune for 2 remote keys + programming,any ideas apart from using the dealers? Any help would be very usefull.
Archie :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

devonutopia
23-01-2007, 07:56 PM
Get two remote keys off Ebay - I assume the 434mhz ones that get sold on Ebay all the time work with your car. Best off checking what frequency the remotes work on first (there's only two I believe - 434 and 350ish)

Get two keys from Ebay for around £60. Vag com can program them in for the ignition and then there's a sequence to programming them for the remote.

Eshrules
24-01-2007, 11:03 AM
Get two remote keys off Ebay - I assume the 434mhz ones that get sold on Ebay all the time work with your car. Best off checking what frequency the remotes work on first (there's only two I believe - 434 and 350ish)

Get two keys from Ebay for around £60. Vag com can program them in for the ignition and then there's a sequence to programming them for the remote.

as above, i've done this with my golf, only got the one key from the dealer, bought a second brand new remotr & key for £35, dealer has quoted £20 to code this to immo, coding it to the remot central locking is easy, but should imagine dealer will do this anyway when they do the immo. i think the dealers make their money on the keys TBH:zx11:

abroughton44
30-01-2007, 03:57 PM
I have the same problem, i bought an A3 1.6 sport R-Reg 1998, i think, but i have that daft key with the light. Does anybody know whether my car is compatiable with any remote key fobs. or is the one with the light the only compatiable one???