PDA

View Full Version : VW Golf gti mk4 alarm

dazza01
23-01-2007, 07:23 PM
HI,
I have a golf gti mk 4, one small problem, the car alarm keeps on going off, it goes off if you lock it with the remote control, it goes off if you unlock it with the remote control, it goes off if you have deactivated it and have the doors open, you can lock it with the key, then deadlock it, and it still goes off, the only way to stop it going off is to put the key in the ignition, start her up, switch her off, and leave it unlocked, can any one please help as the old lady next door banging on the door at 3.00am telling me it's going off is not a pleasant sight.

uknick
25-01-2007, 08:42 PM
Is your rear wash wipe working OK?

It might seem an unrelated question, but they are known to leak over the hatch lock, causing a short. The water makes the lock think it has been opened without the alarm being switched off. Happened to me twice.

However, my alarm only went off after setting it.

There is a way of locking the car without using the key in the driver's door and thus activating the alarm. But if you have to leave the key in the ignition not much help.

Apophis
26-01-2007, 03:16 PM
My last car was a GT TDI mk4, and I had a problem with my alarm going off for no apparent reason. I took it to a VW main dealer, and they plugged into the OBD. Result? The interior sensors were duff. Well, their computer didn't say that, just that the sensors had been activated. As there was no reason for them to activate, I had them replaced, a bit costly, about £200, but no more false alarms.
I know your problem is slightly different, but I see no alternative than to ask a main dealer to plug into your OBD (that's your on board diagnostic socket, situated behind a plastic flap {a bit like a scart on a tv}, above your ash tray). Ask them to just try and confirm the cause, that ought to not cost too much, and hopefully then they will advise you on what it will cost to rectify. Then you can decide who you want to do the appropriate repair, the dealer, or Fred's auto electricals!

Eshrules
26-01-2007, 03:42 PM
My last car was a GT TDI mk4, and I had a problem with my alarm going off for no apparent reason. I took it to a VW main dealer, and they plugged into the OBD. Result? The interior sensors were duff. Well, their computer didn't say that, just that the sensors had been activated. As there was no reason for them to activate, I had them replaced, a bit costly, about £200, but no more false alarms.
I know your problem is slightly different, but I see no alternative than to ask a main dealer to plug into your OBD (that's your on board diagnostic socket, situated behind a plastic flap {a bit like a scart on a tv}, above your ash tray). Ask them to just try and confirm the cause, that ought to not cost too much, and hopefully then they will advise you on what it will cost to rectify. Then you can decide who you want to do the appropriate repair, the dealer, or Fred's auto electricals!

to the OP if you post details of your location, there may be someone on here with vag com who can read your fault codes for you... :beerchug:

Bora_vr6
05-01-2010, 01:03 AM
One idea could be the lock sensor for the key located on the door.

Is a common failure that this with the time on MK4 plattform present some damage during the time, and some times can causs issues like described.

Anyway, should be great if you're able to scan your car with VCDS or similar to check for some possible errors that can help a little bit more to understand the cause of your failure.

Regards.