PDA

View Full Version : RCD 300 Radio telephone connections

Big John
13-08-2008, 08:22 PM
On the multi-pin connector "3" which is a 12 pin, does any one know if the connections 6 and 12 marked as "Telephone NF input, negataive" and "Telephone NF input, positive" can be used as an input to the car speakers from the output of my Nokia CK-7W instead of using the Nokia external speaker ?

Teflon
09-09-2008, 03:22 PM
It's a while since I last fitted a CK-7W but if I remember correctly you also need to connect the mute wire (Yellow) to the mute pin (Pin 11?) on the radio.

That way, whenever you use the kit it will show "Phone" on the radio display and will work through the RCD300. I think it still works when the ignition is switched off, so don't forget to power the CK-7W with an ignition switched supply.

Big John
09-09-2008, 09:06 PM
Hi Teflon,

I should have come back and given an update. It was easy to buy the
plastic pin holders to connect the CK-7W up to the CDR 300. The blue wire from the CK-7W actually connects to the CD power output from the CDR 300 and as you say thr yellow wire connects to pin 11 "mute". I did try connecting the audio out put from the CK-7W to the Tel + and Tel - connections but the sound quality was bad and very distorted. So used the original CK7w speaker. The mic wire was carfully run around the trim as was the remote button for calling and adjusting the volume.

WARNING WARNING WARNING to any one doing the job you must remember to connect the "passanger air bag warning" switch back into the loom, either whilst testing the setup or after you have reassembled the dash. If you do not the "Airbag Warning Light" comes on and stays on. It will require a reset by using VagCom. Dealers charge about £70.

Thanks for all your help and I am very pleased with the response I have received via the web site.