PDA

View Full Version : A6 2.5 Tdi Instrument Failiure

jargonking
23-01-2007, 07:00 PM
Hi there,
Here's hoping anyone can help me here.
I have an M-prefix A6 2.5 Tdi 6 Speed.
I had to jump start my car today due to,I think, a dodgy battery. My problem is that although the car is now running, nearly all my instruments have failed. I still have all my lights and the battery meter still works but my speedo,rev counter, fuel gauge, oil gauge, clock and trip computer are all dead.
I've checked all the fuses in the dash and under the bonnet and all are ok.
I suspect it could be a relay but I've no idea which one or how to tell.
My garage say they've never heard of a problem like that before and I'm hoping it might be something very simple that I can fix myself.
Any ideas anybody?

Seanious
23-01-2007, 10:28 PM
I had a similar problem a while back, also battery related. All I did was to disconnect the battery for 20 min then reconnect and all was fine.

Hope that helps, let us know

Seanious

jargonking
23-01-2007, 10:37 PM
Thanks Seanious,
Actually I've just recharged the battery and refitted it and, hey presto, everything seems to be working again!
My only concern is that the airbag warning light now stays on for about five minutes after starting the ignition.
The handbook tells me to consult a garage without delay...I'll see how it goes tomorrow.

dieselal
24-01-2007, 10:42 AM
Hi,
It will be the same as my 5 series BMW, all that is needed is air-bag reset, takes two minutes and costs very little.;)