PDA

View Full Version : Passenger door will not open from inside or outside

Cronus
13-08-2008, 01:02 AM
I have a 1997 Passat wagon. The passenger door will not open from inside or out. No resistance is felt at handles. The door appears to be unlocked. I have read through this whole forum and can not find out HOW you guys are getting the interior doors panel off when the door is closed.

I just want to get the door panel off so I can explore what broke or fell off in the door.

Thanks for your help.

jonripley
06-10-2008, 04:17 PM
I have a 1997 Passat wagon. The passenger door will not open from inside or out. No resistance is felt at handles. The door appears to be unlocked. I have read through this whole forum and can not find out HOW you guys are getting the interior doors panel off when the door is closed.

I just want to get the door panel off so I can explore what broke or fell off in the door.

Thanks for your help.

Yep Ive got exactly the same problem, although it is possible to get the door card off I think just have`nt got round to it yet.

So come on you lot How do we do it????:aargh4::biglaugh:

Cronus
06-10-2008, 05:01 PM
After further evaluation, it looks like the door is NOT unlocking. The lock pull moves up when unlocked with the key but quickly moves down half way. I can't open the door under any condition.

How can the door be opened when the power lock mechanism doesn't work ?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

euroslap
07-10-2008, 11:00 AM
Sounds like the rod's fallen out of the handle, you'll have to try and get the door card off from inside the car. :(