PDA

View Full Version : Leaking V5 Beetle

j1borman
23-01-2007, 01:16 PM
Hi Guys :1zhelp:
Can anyone help i have an 01 v5 beetle with wet rear seats. I cant see any obvious signs of leakage when i go out to the car in the morning the window are usually wet with condensation and this morning they were frozen on the inside!!
Any ideas
Thanks James::

v2bob
05-11-2007, 11:24 AM
Howdie

I've got an '01 2.0, which had the same problem. The sunroof drainage plugs were blocked according to my VW shop.

£115 later everything seemed fine, ... until the front passenger footwell started to get very soggy. This seems to happen when it rains, so I am ruling out any air con link.

VW have had the car back for 2 days. They couldn't find the cause, but dried out the carpet though, ... by running the car for a day with the heater on full blast. Nice! Now any time the heater is on there is a lovely electrical burning smell.

2 weeks on, and after it has rained ... the carpet is wet again.

I have been trawling through any forum links connected with leaks. I think i've narrowed it down to 2 possibilities. Either the sunroof drainage plugs were dislodged when they were being cleared, and are now not forming a proper seal, or there is another drainage plug around the left hand side of the engine bay that is now blocked.

VW have not charged anything (so far) for the second, 2 day, visit. Although I think that could be because the problem has not been fixed.

Have VW made the problem worse?

:zx11:

Let me know what happens.

Cheers

V2